30 Gallon Stout Tank vs 30 Gallon Blichmann

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankyBeaverBrewery

Reaction score
Gunna be getting one of the other.. which one would you chose...
il be using it as the Brew Kettle..

Stout has the whirlpool extension welding in.. blichmann ? not so much..

thoughts ?

I recently bought a 20 gallon Blichmann and I'm happy with it. I doubt you're going to find anyone with one of each to really give you an honest comparison.

I considered a Stout Tank as they had some features I liked but I had seen the Blichmann in person and couldn't really get a feel for the Stout Tank quality online (although many seem happy with them). My Blichmann also came with free shipping via Austin Homebrew and Stout is on the opposite side of the country from me.

Both companies need some serious website work. When spending $500+ on a metal pot, some decent pictures would be helpful; especially of the various features (sight glass, thermowell, ball valve).

I cannot comment on the 30 gal size, but I can on the 80 gal conical from Stout Tanks. Top quality welding and fittings. While at the distribution center to pick-up my conical tank, I inspected the smaller tanks and observed the same high standard of welding and quality fittings. You will not be disappointed.

80 gal tank with home-built dolly:
scaled.php

Back