Al Gore to address Congress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippie

Reaction score
Al Gore is goining to be addressing Congress soon concerning global warming. I know from the 'Who are you' thread that this is a half & half issue, so for the half of you that think it is real, here is a link to add your voice to Mr. Gore's presentation.

http://www.algore.com/cards.html

And for those who believe we are experiencing a Solar Event (since the ice caps on Mars & Earth are melting at the same rate), and that AlGore is scamming the world with his bogus consensus (science is not made of consensus, but rather provable facts), and that he is a massive hypocrite who trots around the world in private jets & gas guzzling SUVs while his mansion uses $13,000 of electricity a MONTH (while claiming he is reducing his "carbon footprint" by purchasing "carbon offsets" from a company that HE OWNS) can click on the link below for real science. (Whew, that has to be a run on sentence).

http://www.globalwarming.org/

Does any one else think that world Governments will have a real big problem when oil runs out and the "be green" thing has more to do with trying to divert and world energy crisis than it has to do with Global warming? I Also see that it is a way to fetch in new stealth taxes.

Half man - half bear - half pig

It's Manbearpig!

manbearpig-al_gore.jpg

I'm REALLY, REALLY cereal!

orfy said:
Does any one else think that world Governments will have a real big problem when oil runs out and the "be green" thing has more to do with trying to divert and world energy crisis than it has to do with Global warming? I Also see that it is a way to fetch in new stealth taxes.

Orfy, you really like talking politics for a mod... :D

oh give me a break.

This web site is a project of the Cooler Heads Coalition, a sub-group of the National Consumer Coalition.

The Cooler Heads Coalition formed May 6, 1997 to dispel the myths of global warming by exposing flawed economic, scientific, and risk analysis. Coalition members will also follow the progress of the international Global Climate Change Treaty negotiations.

Reminds me of the tabacco "scientists" that tried to prove smoking was GOOD for you.

Keep your heads in the sand fellows. It is cooler the deeper you stick em.

just to balance Algore out, this ran on the BBC channel for a week or so ago, VERY interesting even if it is just over an hour long . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont get ugly I promise, but everyone I have gotten to watch that documentary says it's a very unique (sp?) perspective

Thirty years ago everyone was talking about global cooling, because the Earth cooled from 1945-1970s. Now, everyone talks about global warming because the Earth has gotten warmer from the 1970s-Now. Short attention span and short memory. Just saying. Look up old newspaper and magazine articles from the 1970s.

all that talk about Co2 makes me wonder how much my fermenters contribute to global warming

Man, that trigger finger must be just ITCHIN' right now, eh bird? Dude-bi-wan Kenobi has taught you well, but you are not a Jedi yet.

I'm staying away from this one too. Other than to say that the whole global warming thing is a scam.

I think we're getting close to the end of this thread.........

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and thoughts of course. But let's not stray into the political areana.......

I can't see anything wrong with discussing if you think global warming is man made or not. If people can't talk about it without getting heated then maybe they need to stay away from the thread.

(I'm watching it as well);)

I do have a problem with not thinking "green" but it's not because of the global warming it for other reasons.

TheJadedDog said:
...why are you against reducing pollution?

See, that is the problem. Just because I am against the political tactics that are being used by one of the biggest hypocrytes engaged in this debate, does not mean that I am "against" reducing pollution. It's like saying that because I disagree with the nutbags at PETA, that I want to go and kill some puppies. It's absurd!

We're not going to solve the question of global warming today. We're not going to change each other's opinions. For better or worse, we're not here to talk politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back