Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey just to be clear is the recipe on the first page good or it is the other one a few pages in? Might be trying this before too long :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Aren't Chris's kids old enough to brew now?!? Hasn't he forced them into Utopias blueberry hell yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Dude, they are in their 4th or 5th version of this brew, So I know that know what works and what dosent. It is laughable all these advice posts

To anyone who is reading this thread... Please ignore the Rookie Ahole who inserts himself into any thread associated with the greater Massachusetts home brewing community. We've been begging Tex and the mods to 86 him for a while. Apparently his 25 buck carries a lot of weight. All I can suggest is that you join with ALL of us and ignore him too. He is a USDA Certified DBag. Do yourself a favor and put him on your ignore list.

No. This is not typical Masshole ball busting, we just can't figure out how to get him to go away

You should think about simplifying your recipe if your trying to produce a true Utopia clone. If your actually crazy enough to brew it again. A lot of the flavour development is created during the long boil so specialty malts are really not needed, especially the Melanoidin. The maple flavour and smokiness you detect in Utopia's is from the barrel aging, and oxidation reactions. All you need is American 2 row Pale malt, crystal 60. (British) and Munich malt, and maybe a roasted malt. Late addition hops are kind of pointless. As soon as I get my new system up an running, and acquire a fresh dumped 15 gallon barrel from local distillery, I'm going to give this a try.

Way to go Brewmex

I wanted to know if maybe they had accidentally stashed a bottle away for aging and forgot about it until I reminded them. Hahaha you never know.

I'm thinkin about brewing a 25%abv brew in November for my 25th bday. There's good advice in this thread.

Ouch. I just figured i would throw out some notes from Grant wood since he was the head brewer making Utopia at the time and he gave a speach about brewing high gravity beers recently. I did read some of thread since then, but it is still way over my head at moment. Oh well.

I know some of the stuff is general knowledge, but the Bean-O was the biggest surprise when he talked about it.

Hey Rides,
Don't worry about it. Really.

Every family has that one guy that the entire family wishes would move to Alaska and have a terrible accident on a fishing boat and get washed overboard before the newspapers get wind of him and you have to spend the rest of your life explaining that "Ya, my name is Dahmer but that guy was from a distant branch of the family. Hell, I'm a vegitarian."

For those of us in Massachusetts Rookie is that guy.

Him and John Kerry.

Sorry for pitching in cash for a share (after being asked) and then actually expecting to receive something. Whatta jerk I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Latest posts

Back