$4.99 Glass Carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess this is a good deal if you want a 1 gallon jug and/or the apple juice. It would be kind of a neat idea to get this, figure out how much to drink/pour out, add in the sugar, yeast nutrient ect and have a mini apfelwein kit...but short of the novelty, 1 gallon seems awfully small to me...but thanks for the heads up...

I guess this is a good deal if you want a 1 gallon jug and/or the apple juice. It would be kind of a neat idea to get this, figure out how much to drink/pour out, add in the sugar, yeast nutrient ect and have a mini apfelwein kit...but short of the novelty, 1 gallon seems awfully small to me...but thanks for the heads up...

Yes, I did several batches of that last fall when they were $5.74.

I now have some mead sitting in them.

1 gallon carboys aren't very useful for the 5 gallon beer brewer.

1 gallon fermenters are nice for experimenting. I have a Robust Porter in primary right now. A buddy of mine wants me to brew a Chocolate Mint Porter. Personally, that didn't sound too appetizing to me so I've decided I'm going to rack 1 gallon onto the mint in a 1 gallon jug and rack the other 4 gallons onto some vanilla beans for myself.

1 gallon fermenters are nice for experimenting. I have a Robust Porter in primary right now. A buddy of mine wants me to brew a Chocolate Mint Porter. Personally, that didn't sound too appetizing to me so I've decided I'm going to rack 1 gallon onto the mint in a 1 gallon jug and rack the other 4 gallons onto some vanilla beans for myself.

I'm betting the vanilla bean porter is much better!!

I use this 1 gallon jug to make a huge starter when needed. Still sits well on my stirrer and I don't have to worry about stepping up...

Yep, great for starters if you don't have flasks. Smaller batches, split batches, meads, blow off bucket, etc. They are quite useful.

When I'm not making 1 gallon batches of mead and wine; I like to use my jugs for capturing the runnings while vorlaufing (glass holds up to the heat better than plastic), mixing ~1 gallon of sanitizer for brew day, etc.

I usually don't drink enough for it to be worthwhile to make more than 1-5 gallons of anything at a time, so these 1 gallon jugs are pretty handy. There's a place near me (Oak Glen) that sells fresh pressed cider in these for around $5-6/gallon, so that's where my jugs come from. That and Better Bottles.

these are extrememly handy. I keep 1 gallon of starsan in one at all times, another for starters, got a JOAM mead going in one and a gallon of beer i soured just to try it out. I need more. Get some...you'll use em.

Got a smiliar one from Whole Foods the other day for $7ish

Latest posts

Back