Beverage-Air BM-23 Keg Refrigerator ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikhillard

Reaction score
Going to look at a Beverage-Air BM-23 Keg Refrigerator - Stainless Steel tomorrow. Guy has one for sale and is asking $800 obo. Comes with two C02 tanks.

This model is listed for $1800 online:
http://www.kegworks.com/beverage-ai...e&siteID=0hzBT3BtdWU-0_gX9tUG2IfOpVCUi5Sfvg&=

Anything I should be aware of?

I figure I would eventually swap the Tower out for a dual tap and run two home brew kegs inside. Altho the specs I read say I could even fit 4 home brew kegs inside.

Alot of people on here will tell you you can build one cheaper on your own, make a keezer for cheaper that will hold more kegs, yada yada yada... I tend to agree with them, but hey, if you like the looks of the industrial kegerator and are willing to pony up the cash? Go for it!

Dont know anything about that BA model in particular, they're generally excellent running kegerorators!

Thanks.. I agree that its definitely on the high priced end for a kegerator. But if I can get for around $500 I think its a good deal for a quality piece of equipment. And I could use it to hold one keg and start playing around with lagers.

I'd want to make sure it was running, cold and not making odd noises. Then I'd think on it for a bit and come back and make sure it was still running.

It's a nice unit, while not jealous I'd call myself hopeful that one falls into my possession one of these days.

I have the black version of the BM-23. I replaced the single tower with a 3 faucet tower. It holds 3 kegs with plenty of room to spare. You could even fit four if you wanted to. You need to understand that this is a commercial unit and not a consumer model. With that comes quality and reliability but it's also noisy as hell.

Thanks ramey70, hadn't even considered the sound of a commercial unit compared to a consumer model. That may be a problem in our household. Thanks for the tip.

I have the black version of the BM-23. I replaced the single tower with a 3 faucet tower. It holds 3 kegs with plenty of room to spare. You could even fit four if you wanted to. You need to understand that this is a commercial unit and not a consumer model. With that comes quality and reliability but it's also noisy as hell.

I know this is an old thread, but I wish I'd read it last week before taking on one of these. I bought a 4 year old Stainless BM23 for $600 and plugged it in earlier today. It cooled down surprisingly quickly and I know the beer kegs will love that fact but I am counting down the days until the Mrs. says something about how loud it is.

It is ridiculously loud when the compressor turns on. Right now that only happens maybe twice an hour, but I also don't have it on the coldest setting and there are no kegs in it. I know it is a commercial grade unit, but why is it exponentially louder than the much larger side-by-side fridge freezer I have standing in my kitchen!

The noise level has me a bit down because I know it's going to bother my wife... she won't make me get rid of it, but I will definitely have to hear about it (and understandably so). I just bought a 3 faucet tower, 3 gauge secondaries, and new lines, all arriving in 2 days. Right now I am guessing I'll make it through this one season with it before going back to the original plan; keezer in the garage and glycol to the kitchen. This is my first kegerator and I really want to like it, but I definitely wasn't considering the noise when I took the plunge.

If I had to compare it to anything I'd say it is not much less louder than the smaller of our two central AC units outside. Could there be something wrong with it even though it seems to be cooling very well on the warmer settings? I'm not opposed to calling for service if I find one that seems reasonably priced. I'd hate to spend $100+ though for someone to come out and say, yeah, that is what they sound like. What types of companies service these? Do I need to look for general HVAC and refrigeration?

Thanks!

I don't know what all the noise is about the BM-23 being loud. I've had one for 25 years and it is no louder than my refrigerator. These are very nice units. I got mine from a closing restaurant and it was beat up pretty badly. Had to replace the top rail and lined the inside walls and cooling coil with aluminum. Slapped some vinyl on the outside and put a 3-head tap on it. The only repair I've had is the condenser fan seized up. Parts available.

Back