I kegged it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopperfirestarter

Reaction score
once you keg, you never go back! lol Unless for very specific purposes will I ever bottle. Congrats on the kegging.

Nice! I just bought the same kit from Midwest Supplies only I had a gas-in poppet leak and I lost half of my C02 the first night :(

You kicked the keg in only two days. You will never know how good it would have been after 4-6 weeks of cold conditioning. There are advantages to letting it age a little!

Lol, good job with the first one, now get to another! You don't realize how fast that keg will go when all you have to do it open the tap and pour, lol

Congrats! I have a 3-faucet kegerator and can't seem to keep 3 kegs on tap, my wife and I kill them too quick. I think Im going to start doing 10 gallon batches LOL. I doubt we'd be enjoying the hobby quite as much if we were having to deal with all those damned bottles.

I hate those damn bottles! I have them all stacked up under the bar in cases and I want to get rid of them, but I know if I do I'll need them for a family gathering or something. Our family gatherings are several days and I can't see putting a keg on ice that long, lol. But I also have Grolsch bottles, which I got like 2 cases for free, so those obviously won't go anywhere, lol. I do love my kegs though!

now that im kegging im all about fast turn around brews. Making a blonde and quaffable pale ale this weekend! The blonde is a Vienna + Willamette SMaSH! Anyone try these two together?

Everyone says kegging is so much easier and everything, but personally I'd say between cleaning kegs, lines, etc it's more work :shrug:. Bottling is easy. I do love never worrying about carbing though.

grasshopperfirestarter said:
now that im kegging im all about fast turn around brews. Making a blonde and quaffable pale ale this weekend! The blonde is a Vienna + Willamette SMaSH! Anyone try these two together?

I did a Maris Otter/Willamette SMaSH that is to be kegged this week. The FG sample was quite tasty. Willamette is underrated in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back