Growing inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home Depot has fluorescent tubes that are supposed to be grow lights. They did not work very good for my tomato starts.

Pet stores may have what you need too since a lot of people put live plants in their terrariums.

I want to do this, but i also dont want some rookie police officer breaking down the door to my supposed weed den

Haha, hops look totally different. If a cop mistook the two, well I suppose you could just offer him your fresh-brewed IPA and call it a day.

Has anyone successfully grown hops indoors on a rapid cycle? Theres so many threads out there of people using indoor setups to attempt to grow hops that produce shortly after beginning to grow, but nobody ever seems to give results or conclusions.

We all want to grow hops inside that we can use now, but seems like an open void.

i tried, but didn't want to bother building a hemispherical trellis under a metal halide.

I tried and failed. Huge bank of south-facing windows and a hybrid MH/HPS lamp. The vines were leggy and sparse, and never produced any cones.

Would a reptile lamp which gives off the necc type rays for calcium buildup have any positive effect? For hop growing that is-I'm not a botanist of course.

I was wondering why then I saw you live in Manhattan.

Well, Oliver Douglass used to grow corn on his balcony in Manhattan so I guess it is possible.

Green Acres :D

The biggest thing is simply the root structure. They are huge, and doing it indoors would be a major issue. I wish i was into botany, because there has to be a way to inhibit plant growth and force flower production like on other plants. There is a "weed" (wink wink) that is very similar to hops and they grow that inside by using screens to inhibit growth.

The biggest thing is simply the root structure. They are huge, and doing it indoors would be a major issue. I wish i was into botany, because there has to be a way to inhibit plant growth and force flower production like on other plants. There is a "weed" (wink wink) that is very similar to hops and they grow that inside by using screens to inhibit growth.

Why would someone want to grow weeds in their house? :D

...there has to be a way to inhibit plant growth and force flower production like on other plants...

Check out a few bonsai techniques. Namely, root pruning, pinching new growth and a suped-up fertilizing schedule (limit N, boost P to stimulate flowering). Tons of info online.

nukinfuts29 said:

You can clip/snip/cut the top of plants in the cannibanoid family to stunt growth but only once you've adjusted the lighting to a flowering schedule for atleast a week. Also the love being misted (unlike there cousins)

Latest posts

Back