storing keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benpen

Reaction score
ok so i'm ready to transfer from primary to keg. its okay if i do this and then set the keg in a refrigerator out of the way not hooked up to co2. i'm guessing its cool but don't want to do anything to stupid.

HOWEVER!!! You will want to purge the keg before you store it. Make sure you pressurize the keg and get any air off of the top of the beer before you put it away. And I'm sure you've already pressure tested your kegs, so there's no concern of leaks. :)

If you're wanting to force carb, you'll need to keep it hooked up to the gas. If you're going to naturally carb, you can add the sugar, fill, purge with CO2, and then let it sit. For a lager, I don't know if you can let it sit out or if it needs to be refrigerated.

Mike

If you're wanting to force carb, you'll need to keep it hooked up to the gas. If you're going to naturally carb, you can add the sugar, fill, purge with CO2, and then let it sit. For a lager, I don't know if you can let it sit out or if it needs to be refrigerated.

Mike

But you don't have to force carb right away. You can just purge the tank and let it sit and then carbwhen you have the line available.

Back