Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Message_1537113913777.jpg

Here's my mess of a rig. Pieced it together when I was in college from junk yard scraps.
Swivel dump mash tun and setup for decoction if desired. You can kind of see my conical stuffed into the mini fridge. Has wheels on the back so the rig can be tilted and rolled inside.

View attachment 591383
Here's my mess of a rig. Pieced it together when I was in college from junk yard scraps.
Swivel dump mash tun and setup for decoction if desired. You can kind of see my conical stuffed into the mini fridge. Has wheels on the back so the rig can be tilted and rolled inside.
I love it! Do you wear a steampunk get up while brewing? I bet I would.

FINALLY! It’s done!
IMG_3233.jpg

220v 5500w 20 gal BIAB rig
Had to replace an old 30amp non gfci breaker and a 3 wire outlet with a shiny new one and wire in a 4 wire outlet in a new location. Easy peasy. Was going to build a diy control panel, but didn’t have the time/the Auber was too good of a deal. Watch for a FS thread with all the never used parts for a full up three vessel control panel!

Beyond stoked to get brewing on this thing!

Mash tun incorporates the Blickman auto sparge with a twist. I didn't like the way my buddies used the silicone hose and floating ball, so I used locline and a shower head with mine to mimick my old setup in my cooler tun. I bottom drained this one for more efficiency and less trouble getting the wort to flow. I put a "T" on the end with a ball valve pointing downward and a dial thermometer inside the tube to check wort as it is entering the pump to go through the HERMS. I got the false bottom and locline/sparge parts from Brew Hardware as well.
img_5109-68233.jpg

img_5296-68235.jpg

I have been trying to come with some just like this, how did you do this, does the loc lin fitting slide over the barb?I have the auto sparge but dont like the channeling from the hose.

I found using a return hose that was long enough to wrap completely around the mash tun stopped any channeling. If I tried to use a shorter hose the end of said hose would Channel into the grain bed.cheers

8C13C477-6FA8-4F08-9203-A95B097C897C.jpeg
CC59B37B-A569-4AC9-A3E1-AEFA46BCF85F.jpeg
3864C826-9188-4E59-9933-30319CF5513B.jpeg
Wow you guys sure know how to build stills.
Mine loooks rather puny compared to you guys.
This is my first still, 2” column, a Gatling condenser and a Leibig condenser, some people call it a shotgun condenser.
A sight glass and a botanical basket more or less complete the build.
I built this to run either as a pot still or a reflux for Gin & Vodka. I have a 3kw heater in the base of the keg and a thermocouple that is being monitored by a PID controller.
Need to do a vinegar run to clean all the crap out of the build and then hopefully off I go with my first ever attempt at distilling.

After half a decade of using a single burner and manually lifting/ dumping/ fenagling pots around, my aluminum Turkey fryer sprung a leak. Just got my new spike kettle in and it fits perfectly on my goodwill special burner. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!
20181026_140216.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my mobile boil station. 10 inch burner with 30psi regulator.

Attachments

• IMG_3273.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 280
Made this economy-rig from spare wood in the garage plus a dash of left over exterior paint. Put together a RIMS control ala cheap- 240V. RIMS tube has a 3k watt ULWD element. Single pump and a mother of a chiller plate. I don't mind heating/boiling with my burner on the floor so did not incorporate it onto my rig. I have a spray ball in my mash tun for RIMS mashing plus use it also with my HLT sparging.
Brew Rig 2018.jpg

Made this economy-rig from spare wood in the garage plus a dash of left over exterior paint. Put together a RIMS control ala cheap- 240V. RIMS tube has a 3k watt ULWD element. Single pump and a mother of a chiller plate. I don't mind heating/boiling with my burner on the floor so did not incorporate it onto my rig. I have a spray ball in my mash tun for RIMS mashing plus use it also with my HLT sparging.View attachment 598552
Nice rig! I like the neutral-color paint on the wood. Pulls it all together, makes it look like a planned system instead of a gaggle of spare parts flying in formation.

5A8DA382-6742-4D3D-9C64-23F1BA45895A.jpeg
29F5E1D3-8B9C-4DEB-BEB5-8F97F19DD455.jpeg
77F7B74E-6801-424B-B4A8-D6B6793C1A0E.jpeg
Used SuperStrut after reading a post on this website. Thanks a lot bastards. Putting these horrible ideas in my brain. HA! Not pictured is the fermentation chamber I built. Also built after perusing this website...

Just doing 5 gal batches now with the cooler MLT and HLT. It’s expandable though for that incredible day I add more burners and more kettles. Building this stuff is almost as fun as brewing. Almost.

Used SuperStrut after reading a post on this website. Thanks a lot bastards. Putting these horrible ideas in my brain. HA! Not pictured is the fermentation chamber I built. Also built after perusing this website...

Lol, there probably should a public service warning of some kind upon entering the site! If anyone originally started brewing to “save money”, all bets were off the minute these pages were searched! Regardless, looks like a hell of a job. Love working with uni strut. Endless possibilities!

Three vessel system with gas burner and RIMS. Frame is 1" SS tubing. Twin pumps, one for water and the other for wort. Central control panel with PID controllers for burner and RIMS. Connectivity for BrewPI as well. 7 and 14 gallon SS fermenters with SS glycol chiller. Double tap kegerator.
brewery.jpg

Mash tun incorporates the Blickman auto sparge with a twist. I didn't like the way my buddies used the silicone hose and floating ball, so I used locline and a shower head with mine to mimick my old setup in my cooler tun. I bottom drained this one for more efficiency and less trouble getting the wort to flow. I put a "T" on the end with a ball valve pointing downward and a dial thermometer inside the tube to check wort as it is entering the pump to go through the HERMS. I got the false bottom and locline/sparge parts from Brew Hardware as well.
img_5109-68233.jpg

img_5296-68235.jpg

I have been trying to come with some just like this, how did you do this, does the loc lin fitting slide over the barb?I have the auto sparge but dont like the channeling from the hose.

Did you ever see bubbles coming through the clear hose and/or now when recirculating? I had the older model and I stopped using it from fear of hot side aeration. I contacted Blickmann and they said it wasn't hot side aeration. I've been brewing a long time and it was definitely HOT SIDE AERATION.

Beautiful setup! How do you control the humidity?
This picture is actually about a month old. I added ceiling cabinets above the back bar, but before I did, I installed a super quiet high capacity bathroom fan that vents to the outside. I haven't had to use it though as the room is about 14' x 30'. A lot of room and it is pretty dry here in CO.

This picture is actually about a month old. I added ceiling cabinets above the back bar, but before I did, I installed a super quiet high capacity bathroom fan that vents to the outside. I haven't had to use it though as the room is about 14' x 30'. A lot of room and it is pretty dry here in CO.

Looks awsome!
Good job [emoji106]

Pictures, or it never really happened!
[emoji6]

Pictures, or it never really happened!
[emoji6]
Oh it happened! Too much work and money to build the basement and bar and not vent it for moisture and more importantly carbon monoxide. Brewing a little beer isn't really worth killing my wife and kids, or myself. I'll gladly post a picture when I get back from my little vacation in Hawaii. I would do it now, but sitting in the firehouse, and I leave straight for the airport first thing when I get off Tues morning. Stay tuned... Doubters, ha...

No leaks since I put everything together and performed a leak test. I did have to tighten a few things here and there. The only think that I would like to mess with is my sight glass on my boil kettle tilts out a little. I drilled the hole just a little low and it catches the curve a tiny bit. I might try and bend it back just a bit with a bolt.

Back