Buffalo NY group buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let me know if you want some rhizomes CAD. I have the 4 C's and will probably have to cull a bit next spring. You are more than welcome to some.

Hey guys, any supply stores worth checking out near Lackawanna? Or on the way from Lackawanna to Galleria mall? Heading to the In-laws parents place for our yearly Christmas get together and need to buy some some last minute gifts as well as pick up some stuff for myself.

I know that Niagara tradition is up near Tonawanda but not real familiar with the area and don't want to travel too far out of the way.

If your looking for all grain niagara tradition is the place to be. Super helpful staff and tons of supplies. I've checked a homebrew shop on union right off the 90 but it's more wine based and your typical coopers cans.

None of those are open today to my knowledge. You could check Consumer's Beverage on Sheridan drive in Amherst or the one on 20a in Orchard park. Both have some grains, hops and yeast.

Niagara tradition is definitely open, my dad was there today. Amherst and orchard park will be a little out of the way for me. Will probably just end it up going to Niagara tradition on Sunday before we head back to Wyoming County. Decent prices at Niagara or no?

Hmmm, I guess they were open for a few hours. Prices at Niagara Tradition are cheaper than the other stores, and the selection is usually better there as well imo.

They're pretty expensive imo. $64 for a sack of two row is just crazy.

Morebeer was the cheapest I've found putting a 50lb of briess shipped for 54 bucks. Anyone local selling sacks cheaper then 64?

I know that New York Craft Malt in Batavia is selling to home brewers now but don't know what they are charging or if they are even selling full sacks.

Morebeer was the cheapest I've found putting a 50lb of briess shipped for 54 bucks. Anyone local selling sacks cheaper then 64?

Yeah, that's about as cheap as we can get it. You can get a sack of Pilsner for $49 through our grain buy but that's about it. We used to have a connection to one of the whole sale companies. We were grabbing sacks for about $40 shipped. But, we lost our contact.

KegWorks on Military near Sheridan seemed to be $1 less on all their product as compared to Niagara Tradition just around the corner. Not talking bulk, but absolutely everything was undercut last time I went there for xmas gifts a year ago. I'll always go to Niagara Tradition though, they've helped me with everything and are really kind. Anyone go to the tasting at NT on Friday?

Yeah seems like by the time I'm done with shipping charges I'd rather just support niagara tradition and the convenience of driving 5 mins up the road to nice.

KegWorks on Military near Sheridan seemed to be $1 less on all their product as compared to Niagara Tradition just around the corner. Not talking bulk, but absolutely everything was undercut last time I went there for xmas gifts a year ago. I'll always go to Niagara Tradition though, they've helped me with everything and are really kind. Anyone go to the tasting at NT on Friday?

What kind of tasting? What time? Might be worth going.

They're pretty expensive imo. $64 for a sack of two row is just crazy.

Well to be fair they have lots of 2 row at may diifernt prices and they run a 10% off sale like one a month so I usually get a 55lb sack for like 55-60 bucks.... The local grain retailers are no longer supposed to sell direct to home brewers at discounted rates from what Ive been told ... And if smaller breweries get caught buying it for home Brewer group buys there are supposedly conciquiences if they get caught so I have been told... Something about a new distributor that bought out the previous local distributor and they are now the ones that sell to all local home brewing retail chains.

It was this past Friday 5-7. Fun. Lot of good beers and cider.

I got the email too and wanted to go but I'm away in Belgium for a couple weeks sampling the beers here... Good excuse to miss it I think. ;)

I learn stuff every time I walk into Niagara Traditions... Very helpful folks... Nothing wrong of against kegworks but it does not have the same knowledge base or family oriented feel to it at all.. I still shop there from time to time since they carry things the other store doesn't and vice versa..

Back