CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted the link here to some of the local clubs, Brew Haven, the YAHOOS and the Middlesex Malters. Pretty sure we'll get some more folks to fill that second pallet.

just ordered 2 bags of GW pale malt!

EDIT: Just added a half sack of wheat

alright so were aiming for two pallets now; as I've mentioned previously I'm a bit of a moron; how close are we to filling the second pallet?

I'd like to get in for a bag but I'm a little worried about the pickup. Windsor is super close for me from work, but not from home. I'm guessing the pickup would be on the weekend so I'd be home. Weekends are generally nuts with family stuff. If I can't get there on the day for some reason am I just SOL?

I'm sure you could find someone in the New Britain/Hartford area that would pick up for you and hold it (briefly) until you can grab it.

Aight folks, sorry for the delay. The group buy has been posted on Masherator:
http://mash.azurewebsites.net/GroupBuys/Groups/Details/3

Shipping is $4-5/bag (depending on surcharges). See the link above for more details.

In the interest of full disclosure: there is an extremely small markup applied to the bags. There are many reasons for this mainly:
  1. In order to maintain the account I must be a homebrew shop and selling at cost gets my rep yelled at by his other accounts in CT. Charging a buck or two per bag and claiming to make it up in volume was enough to let him off the hook
  2. I need to cover costs I incur. There is a small hosting fee and I have purchased bags for splits in the past but the big issue going forward will be PayPal fees. We've always used the "personal transfer" feature to avoid fees but I was warned that PayPal is cracking down on this and heard of some whose accounts were banned! So...I am going to use the proper billing features of PayPal which *should* make things easier but does incur some fees.

For clarity; I am not trying to make a living at it I just don't want it to cost me anything. Plus if I can make this even slightly cash positive I can do it a bit more often. If you have questions or concerns about this PM me.

This is why this thread is closed.

Plus if I can make this even slightly cash positive I can do it a bit more often. If you have questions or concerns about this PM me.

You are not allowed to make money from group buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back