how do you clean your electric kettle after making wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankerJohn

Reaction score
How do you clean your electric kettle after making wort?

I currently brew over propane and am conisdering making the switch to electric. My brew spot at the house is outside on a concrete pad behind my travel trailer. There is a 50amp outlet already on the side of the house to feed the travel trailer.

After I am finished brewing, there always seems to be quite a bit of clean up of the MT and Boil Kettle. How does one clean an electric kettle? I have a fear of getting electrocuted and have devoped a healthy respect for electricity. I know unplugging everything before cleaning - duh... more thinking about in preparation for next session and having no moisture issues.

I just spray it out with a high-pressure hose and let it air-dry. Nothing special!

If its unplugged what do you have to worry about? I hate snakes, even dead ones, but I overcame the fear by just doing it and moving on. Don't have any fear of an unplugged electrical appliance. Its not going to bite.

I verify the element is off and scrub with a blue sracthy sponge. I built a Kal clone which has a mechanical relay, SSR and a light. If the light is off,so is the element

Back