What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
They turned into that kid you used to know that tried way to hard to be one of the rebellious kids.
Actually I see it a different way. They're(Rogue) like the kid who used to be friends with the cool kids(craft beer drinkers) before they were the cool kids. When the cool kids became popular(craft beer really took off), they became too cool to hang out with them(Rogue). When other kids(new craft beer drinkers) come along, the cool kids now tell them not to hang out with the unpopular kid(Rogue). Now the unpopular kid, having been dumped, now is crying out for attention(Beard Beer) and eventually commits suicide(Voodoo Maple Bacon Doughnut).
;)
Remmy said:
I still love Rogue. They make some solid beers. I spent a lot of time there last time I was in Portland, sometimes 2-3x a day. :)

Shakespeare Stout, Choc Stout and their Mocha Porter are three of my favorites.
I still love some of their beers as well. They've had some fails, but over all I enjoy their beer. Chocolate Stout and Hazelnut Brown Nectar are still two of my favorite beers and the Pumpkin Patch Ale last year was a really good pumpkin beer. I actually enjoyed it more than Pumking.

tyzippers said:
Smacked!

Awesome!!

SWMBO is not having a sense of humor to Iggy and its Klingon my buzz!! WTF?!!

Just read this masterpiece! That really made no sense!!

What rant to say:
SWMBO is not having a sense of humor and its really killing my buzz!!

tyzippers said:

What rant to say:

It was better the other way.

tyzippers said:
Smacked!

Awesome!!

SWMBO is not having a sense of humor to Iggy and its Klingon my buzz!! WTF?!!

tyzippers said:

What rant to say:

Awesome. When I read the original one, I thought maybe there was some joke or pun I wasn't getting.
Hooray for autocorrect! :D

Live a little. Bacon belongs in beer

If bacon belongs in beer, then why are bacon beers terrible?

Currently having two gravity samples, one of the imperial Flanders red I brewed about a month ago (left) and the El Dorado single hop IPA (right). For the sour brewers, it's been a month in primary and the gravity is quite high, ~1.020. Is this normal? I imagine will continue to go down as I add bugs from bottle dregs. Is this right?

Quite normal. Drinking the gravity sample work out for ya? I guess a month is too soon for pedio to do much, but buttery sour beer is a terrible thing.

Actually I see it a different way. They're(Rogue) like the kid who used to be friends with the cool kids(craft beer drinkers) before they were the cool kids. When the cool kids became popular(craft beer really took off), they became too cool to hang out with them(Rogue). When other kids(new craft beer drinkers) come along, the cool kids now tell them not to hang out with the unpopular kid(Rogue). Now the unpopular kid, having been dumped, now is crying out for attention(Beard Beer) and eventually commits suicide(Voodoo Maple Bacon Doughnut).
;)

I still love some of their beers as well. They've had some fails, but over all I enjoy their beer. Chocolate Stout and Hazelnut Brown Nectar are still two of my favorite beers and the Pumpkin Patch Ale last year was a really good pumpkin beer. I actually enjoyed it more than Pumking.

Between the wondering analogy and the parenthetical commentary, I have no idea what you just said.

I'm having a Narwhal before bed.

TNGabe said:
Between the wondering analogy and the parenthetical commentary, I have no idea what you just said.

I don't know what I just said either, but I'm betting after a few more of those Narwhals it would start to make sense. ;)

WesleyS said:
Awesome. When I read the original one, I thought maybe there was some joke or pun I wasn't getting.
Hooray for autocorrect! :D

Nope. Just me being under the thumb of autocorrect. And being smacked.

Karle's 90/ extract kit. It was my second brew and after 2 bottles, it's my best brew!!!

Nothing right now, I have cider and a framboise in primary, and a mead that is only two weeks along.

I don't know what I just said either, but I'm betting after a few more of those Narwhals it would start to make sense. ;)

Since it's a hot mess, I'm not sure I'll finish this one. I really dislike boozey beers.

Innis & Gunn's Independence Day 2012. I'm usually not a fan of Scottish Beers. The nose is very deceiving, it has a very sharp off caramel smell, but it leaves a sweet toffee taste on the back of the tounge. Not too bad.

Spent $8 on a pumking and I realized I don't like pumpkin beers. Will give a couple other pumpkin beers a try but after reading so many good things about ST's I figured it would set the industry standard. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I guess I'll make my final judgement soon.

Spent $8 on a pumking and I realized I don't like pumpkin beers. Will give a couple other pumpkin beers a try but after reading so many good things about ST's I figured it would set the industry standard. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I guess I'll make my final judgement soon.

Same here man... I don't Care for them either.... I think its the spices for me

CliffMongoloid said:
Same here man... I don't Care for them either.... I think its the spices for me

Yea I'm not sure if it was one specific aspect of the beer I didn't enjoy but overall it was not pleasant for me. I have a long trail imperial pumpkin the lady picked out for me in the fridge. See how that one goes down.

image-664872966.jpg
A personal favorite

The Long Trail is better balanced that ST - not as sweet or spicy so perhaps you will like that.

Coffee for me ... can't believe I stayed up and watched the entire game last night. Thankfully it is Friday! :ban:

TNGabe said:
Since it's a hot mess, I'm not sure I'll finish this one. I really dislike boozey beers.

I just opened one from last year's release a few days ago. It was better than when it was young, but I'll probably let the remaining 2012s sit for a while before opening another.

If bacon belongs in beer, then why are bacon beers terrible?

Quite normal. Drinking the gravity sample work out for ya? I guess a month is too soon for pedio to do much, but buttery sour beer is a terrible thing.

Simple, you have no taste. :p hahaha. I'm mostly kidding I haven't stumbled upon one I liked yet

Timothy Taylor - Landlord. Can't get enough of it. Managed to avoid that has the pub on the way to the swimming pool. That's a disaster I'll never make again.......

St Peter's Ruby Red ale

ForumRunner_20130913_184443.png

Good luck on the move! Hopefully everything arrives in the same condition as when you packed it!

Thanks!

Now I look at all this stuff I own, I realise I massively underestimated how much stuff I had when I got the quote from the removal guys...

The worst part is, it's all mine - SWMBO has a few bags of clothes, I have bicycle, skis, homebrew stuff, guitar, amp etc etc... All my hobbies take up loads of space lol.

Latest posts

Back