plastic bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and need some advice? I go to a few nascar races a year and would like to take my beer but they do not allow glass bottles only plastic and cans. Can I bottle in plastic 20oz pop bottles without and problems? if so do I have to do anything special?

Soda bottles should work. I would recommend ones with a green tint. I can't think of any soda in brown tint plastic bottles. Just keep them out of sunlight and make sure to chinch down the cap for a good seal.

You can also purchase brown PET 500ml bottles from some HBS.

Just keep the pop bottles out of the sun and you'll be fine. Just remember when you bottle you will have yeast sediment so be carefull not to bang the bottles around to much on your way to the race.

Check out the Jan/Feb 06 issue of BYO, they had a self built plastic keg out of a garden sprayer that just might be perfect for what you want . . . warm day, hot chicks, fast cars and a couple galons of home brew on tap

Latest posts

Back