Better bottle transport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschecte

Brewtus Maximus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How in God's name do you move one of these once it's full ? I just recently bought a better bottle ( 6 gallon ) as I'm tired of lugging 6.5 glass carboy's. now that actual moving of the better bottle is much lighter but when you lift them the airlock sucks back and water, vodka, starsan whatever goes down the center tube. I've tried lifting from the bottom , the handle that goes around the neck and not matter what I do it sucks back. How do you move these things ?

I do one hand on the button and one around the neck, trying not to squeeze too much. It sucks in every once in a while but not enough to really bother me. You could try transporting it in a milk crate.

This is another of those pro vs con things. Lighter doesn't always mean easier to handle.

Of course, you won't have to worry about losing a batch if you bump it too hard.

Milk crates.

image-1032544572.jpg

I love the milk crate idea as I have tons of them. I use milk crates now to get even airflows during fermentation as I'm on a slab and the floor temp drops my carboy's temp. tanks for the advice.

I usually remove the airlock and insert my non-drilled bung (or sometimes just leave it open) when moving it. The milk crate also works well, but the fridge I use for fermenting just barely fits the BB + airlock so I normally don't bother with the crate.

if you support the bottom with your hand the airlock fluid will not move if fact try it you can manipulate it with your hand :)

Latest posts

Back