Not sure what is happening here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedged

Reaction score
Brewing a can of Coopers Mexican Cerveza and its been in the primary for 8 days now. It appears that I may have some floating yeast clumps but I am not sure. Kit was made using 1KG if brew enhancer #2 as per the instructions. Temp has been consistent at 20-21'C for 8 days. Beer smells good but no OG reading available. I am wanting to move this to the carboy but not sure if I should just yet.

20150620_120134.jpg

20150620_120142.jpg

Looks perfectly normal. Some CO2 coming out of solution to suspend some yeast. Leave it in the primary for another week and the yeast will drop out, clearing the beer.
Less work than racking to a secondary vessel. Take a SG reading now, and another in three to four more days to check for FG before bottling.

It's just left-over krausen. It looks pretty clear now, but take an FG reading. Wait till the third day, test again. If the numbers match, it's done & can be bottled.

Back