Moylan's Hopsickle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't they take gold and silver at the GABF in the IPA catefory this year? Maybe it was the double IPA category. Looks like if they ever create a triple IPA category Pliny the Younger and Exponential Hoppiness will have some competition

I drank a bomber of Hopsickle just last week. No idea on the IBU's, but I 'sploded a taste bud.:drunk: I think I finally met my match.

It did take gold in the IIPA category this year.

I've had it a couple times. That beer is completely in-your-face hops. They did take gold in the Double IPA this year at the GABF.

I had some wet hop hop hopsickle this weekend. Looked a bit off as it appeared to be unfiltered. Looked like a butterscotch milkshake, but man it was pretty good. 9.2% or so too...mmm

Matt_and_Katie said:
... Looked a bit off as it appeared to be unfiltered...

Yeah, quite a few big DIPAs have a haziness to them. Tips you off that you might soon be smacked in the mouth with hops!

I opened my bottle last night. It looked like someone blew chunks in it. There was yeast floating all throughout my glass. I tried to get past it, but it was too much. SWMBO didn't dig it much either. Between the chunks (and I mean CHUNKS) and the hoppy overload she wasn't having any of it, which left me with the entire 22 oz's. I'm guessing I (hopefully) just got a bad bottle.

I ended up dumping it. That was no fun.

Oh well...at least I had some Stone Ruination to lift my spirits.

I would drop them a line and let them know about the bomber that you got. At the very least you'll help them with QA.

Yeah, there are a few reviews on ratebeer that complain of excessive yeast sediment.

I'll say. It was like someone dumped some baby food in it.

Latest posts

Back