is this CONSIDERED lying or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corrales_305

Reaction score
i just had a disscusion with my wife....apparently she does not know what LYING means now!!! im not going to go in detail about the whole story but im going to get the facts out.so....
1. i asked here for someones phone number.
2. she answers"i dont have that phone number"
3.a week later i am talking to her and i say "you should have this persons phone number because it is your ride to work and one day something may come up and you need to get a hold of the person"
4.she answers.."i can get the phone number off facebook when ever i want"
5. i say "well i asked you for the number for this person a week ago and you said you DON'T have the phone number"
6.she flips the story once more by saying..."oh i dont think i can get the number off facebook because this person changed her phone number a month ago"
I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU GUYS TO HELP ME WITH A POLL!!!!
DO YOU THINK SHE IS LYING AND BEING UNTRUTHFUL?
SHE SAYS THAT SHE IS NOT LYING.......I SAY IF THAT IS NOT LYING, THEN WHAT IS LYING THEN!!!!!!
ONCE I GET A COUPLE OF POSTS I WILL SHOW HER THE RESULTS!!!!THANKS

Dude. Let it go.

There are much worse thiungs to argue about. Not like the number is for a guy or something.

The reason why i am making a big deal is because 3 week ago the relationship almost endend because of a much bigger lie she told me a she said she would not lie again!!!and i think she is lying again.....so i want to make sure i get other opinions before i do what i want to do!!! With that said is this considered a lie ......yes or no!!!
Thanks guys!!

more like omission, and do you really think your wife will be swayed by strangers opinions on a brewing website?

for the most part this website is a boys club, [MOD EDIT *** *** ****] - I mean really this is not the place for well balanced relationship advice.

seems like some pretty big trust issues that are best worked out with a counselor

Good gravy. It sounds like you two need a marriage counselor, not the aggregated opinions of a bunch of dudes on the beer internet.

The reason why i am making a big deal is because 3 week ago the relationship almost endend because of a much bigger lie she told me a she said she would not lie again!!!and i think she is lying again.....so i want to make sure i get other opinions before i do what i want to do!!! With that said is this considered a lie ......yes or no!!!
Thanks guys!!

I know you're new to the forum, so we'll go easy on you, but you're in violation of a rule, sorry.

When mentioning your significant other, you must post a picture of her so we can see if her knees are pointy, or if she has the crazy eyes. You'll get much better responses when we know what we are dealing with.

what did she lie about in the beginning.... Everyone lies, no one wants the truth all the time, but being deceitful is another thing entirely... Why did you need the number of someone that gives her a ride.... To check up on her?? this sounds like the problem my be bigger than we can help with...

The only advice I have to offer is this:

Do you want to be right, or do you want to be married?

In other words, is this "lie" (which is debatable) really where you're drawing your line in the sand? If it is, say goodbye to the marriage and just walk away.

It really doesn't matter who's right.

Well to close the thread out ........i know that this forum isnt really the place for this subject but i dont want to take action before i get other input.....and i know u guys will give truthful input because you dont know niether of us... ITS HARD TO GET HONEST OPINION FROM PEOPLE LIKE FRIENDS AND FAMILY...I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF OTHER PEOPLE WOLUD CONSIDER THIS A LIE.......AND OVIOUSLY I THINK THAT U GUYS AGREE THAT ITS "FISHY" OR "B.S".....THAT SAID I CAN NOT BE WITH SOMEONE THAT CONTINUALLY LIE'S AND DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THEY ARE LIYING!!!

It really doesn't matter who's right.

This is a very hard thing to accept, but life truly becomes much better and easier when you can come to terms with this relatively simple concept.

Unless it matters as far as the actual result (i.e. if your spouse says you can make it 200 miles in the car with 2 gallons of gas, and you know you can't, and you'd rather not be stuck on the side of the road), then it doesn't matter who's right.

I just dont want to be with someone that i have to beat the truth out(not litteraly of course) of them all the time. I just feel's like a constant struggle to get the truth....also once trust is LOST ITS hard to recoupe it back...i start to think if she is liying about the little thing imagine how she will handle something bigger!!!

I want to give an opinion on this so bad, but I don't want it to live forever on the Interwebs. But lets just say I disagree with most others here, and if it smells like a fish and makes a fishy face like a fish, its a fish.

Sounds to me like you are looking to get out no matter what but need some "validation" through her actions to shift blame.

Well to close the thread out ........i know that this forum isnt really the place for this subject but i dont want to take action before i get other input.....and i know u guys will give truthful input because you dont know niether of us... ITS HARD TO GET HONEST OPINION FROM PEOPLE LIKE FRIENDS AND FAMILY...I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF OTHER PEOPLE WOLUD CONSIDER THIS A LIE.......AND OVIOUSLY I THINK THAT U GUYS AGREE THAT ITS "FISHY" OR "B.S".....THAT SAID I CAN NOT BE WITH SOMEONE THAT CONTINUALLY LIE'S AND DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THEY ARE LIYING!!!

We really don't have enough information to be able to asses the situation though, ya know? We don't know what the previous fight was about when things started turning sketchy for you, we don't know if this person she may or may not have a phone number for is male/female or their history, etc. I would reckon to guess that if they are facebook friends and ride to work together, then at one point you trusted what was going on, and should leave it at that. Until you have definitive proof of some sort of deceit, let it go. That sh*t will eat you up and for what? To be able to jump out someday and say "I knew it!"

I wanted the number for this girl for fire crackers for new years ..her husband gets nice ones i can't get at the store because i live in florida!! The point is why lie about a number...and if ur gonna lie, be a good lier and dont forget that you lied about it and say that what she said isnt a lie!!!at least admit it's a lie!!!say you were to lazy to get on face book and get the number or something!!!! But dont say that your not liying, because that in its self is a lie!!! Is the firecrackers worth all of this sh#@ ....no!!!....but the issue im having is the principle of the lie's!!!!

I wanted the number for this girl for fire crackers for new years ..her husband gets nice ones i can't get at the store because i live in florida!! The point is why lie about a number...and if ur gonna lie, be a good lier and dont forget that you lied about it and say that what she said isnt a lie!!!at least admit it's a lie!!!say you were to lazy to get on face book and get the number or something!!!! But dont say that your not liying, because that in its self is a lie!!! Is the firecrackers worth all of this sh#@ ....no!!!....but the issue im having is the principle of the lie's!!!!

Ok, so here's what you do. You log off of HBT, go to work/school whatever, maybe go pick up your dry cleaning, go to the grocery store, take a few deep breaths, and go home like nothing happened. Then get on HBT, read how awfully silly this all is, and laugh about it. If this is the biggest problem that you have going on in your life, I am a very jealous person!

Wow dude. Sounds like you may have some deep seated trust issues. Ease up on the throttle a bit, take a step back and look at your posts here. Sure, it's understandable to be upset when you feel you can't trust someone. But your ire is a bit augmented, don't you think?

Ok, so here's what you do. You log off of HBT, go to work/school whatever, maybe go pick up your dry cleaning, go to the grocery store, take a few deep breaths, and go home like nothing happened. Then get on HBT, read how awfully silly this all is, and laugh about it. If this is the biggest problem that you have going on in your life, I am a very jealous person!

This right here!

I understand that it's not worth it,therapy,counlseling, and all that ...and u guys dont really know the whole story(i would have to sit here 2 days striaght typing and you dont want a 800 page report on my relationship anyways) but i just wanted a simple yes its a lie ...........or ....no i dont consider that a lie.....just for my sanity!!!

i just had a disscusion with my wife....apparently she does not know what LYING means now!!! im not going to go in detail about the whole story but im going to get the facts out.so....
1. i asked here for someones phone number.
2. she answers"i dont have that phone number"
3.a week later i am talking to her and i say "you should have this persons phone number because it is your ride to work and one day something may come up and you need to get a hold of the person"
4.she answers.."i can get the phone number off facebook when ever i want"
5. i say "well i asked you for the number for this person a week ago and you said you DON'T have the phone number"
6.she flips the story once more by saying..."oh i dont think i can get the number off facebook because this person changed her phone number a month ago"
I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU GUYS TO HELP ME WITH A POLL!!!!
DO YOU THINK SHE IS LYING AND BEING UNTRUTHFUL?
SHE SAYS THAT SHE IS NOT LYING.......I SAY IF THAT IS NOT LYING, THEN WHAT IS LYING THEN!!!!!!
ONCE I GET A COUPLE OF POSTS I WILL SHOW HER THE RESULTS!!!!THANKS

Good idea to ask a bunch of total strangers on the f*cking INTERNET for what amounts to marriage advice. This won't end well for either of you. Time to grow up...

good idea to ask a bunch of total strangers on the f*cking internet for what amounts to marriage advice. This won't end well for either of you. Time to grow up...
im not asking for any type of advice!!!!!!!!!just a simple truthful yes or no!!! Forget its my wife!! If ur mail man said this to you would you turn around and say "this guy is a frigin
' lier!!!.....THAT IS MY QUESTION!!!

...just a simple truthful yes or no!!!

Why do you think everyone is deceitful?

In regards to your OP, I don't think she was lying to you. It may have just not been important enough for her to think at the time "Oh wait, I can get Cyndi's number from my facebook page." She may have just said I don't physically have her number, and left it at that.

corrales_305 said:
im not asking for any type of advice!!!!!!!!!just a simple truthful yes or no!!! Forget its my wife!! If ur mail man said this to you would you turn around and say "this guy is a frigin

Ok.. To answer your question it's not a lie..

You asked "Do you have xyz's number?"
She answered "No"

You said "you should get the number"

She said "I can get it on Facebook"

When mentioning your significant other, you must post a picture of her so we can see if her knees are pointy, or if she has the crazy eyes. You'll get much better responses when we know what we are dealing with.

THIS
and
YES.
All women lie, its in their nature. Accept it and move on.

All women lie, its in their nature. Accept it and move on.

colbertpopcorn.gif

*waits for Yooper*...

Not a lie. Or at least what you've presented, no reason to know its a lie.

If you ask me if i have someone's number, i'm going off of if I *HAVE* it, not if I can get it.

Why the bless would I be asking my mail man for a number?

Ok.. To answer your question it's not a lie..

You asked "Do you have xyz's number?"
She answered "No"

You said "you should get the number"

She said "I can get it on Facebook"

YOU ARE MISSING THE PART AT THE END WHERE SHE SAY'S "OH ACTUALLY I CAN't GET IT ON FACEBOOK. SO U SAY ITS TECHNICALLY NOT A LIE!!....NICE TO KNOW....SO NEXT TIME SOMEONE CHOPS THIER FINGER OFF IN MY HOUSE OR SOMETHING AND ASK ME TO DRIVE THEM TO THE HOSPITAL I WILL SAY "SORRY, I DONT HAVE THE KEY'S TO MY CAR ON ME" BECAUSE TECHICALLY I DONT(THEY ARE ON THE COFFE TABLE). EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THEY ARE TWO STEPS AWAY ON THE COFFEE TABLE...AND I CAN JUST LET THEM BLEED TO DEATH AND TECHICALLY IM NOT LIYING AND THIS IS AN HONEST THING TO DO!!!....THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back