Sweetwater motorboat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyc

Reaction score
I'm really loving this seasonal brew by Sweetwater. When it came out last year I loved it and they sold out in 6 weeks. Motorboat won the silver medal in the Extra Special Bitter category at the 2008 GABF the first year it was offered. They claim to have ramped up production so there's enough to last until mid-October. All I can find is "unfiltered esb dry-hopped with Cascade hops and finishes around 6%"

I really want to clone this but I can't find any other info from Sweetwater or elsewhere. Anyone?

The people at sweetwater are really cool, why not shoot them an email and ask for a little help?

I'm so jealous. I just moved from Atlanta in the spring and I'm really missing the sweetwater. I'm still trying to find a way to get it up to Chicago. I took 3 cases with me when I left and I'm running dangerously low.

I've emailed a few brewmasters about helping me build a base for a clone or something similar to one of their beers. So far they've all been helpful. Some more helpful than others, but helpful none the less. I just honor their assistance by not advertising what they tell me, and expressing my thanks.

by the way, where in North Atlanta are you, I lived there for years and my in laws are still in Cumming.

I've emailed a few brewmasters about helping me build a base for a clone or something similar to one of their beers. So far they've all been helpful. Some more helpful than others, but helpful none the less. I just honor their assistance by not advertising what they tell me, and expressing my thanks.

by the way, where in North Atlanta are you, I lived there for years and my in laws are still in Cumming.

I live in Cumming now :)

and i actually picked blueberries for Sweetwater for their new dank tank release called big ol blue balls

Sounds like a great brewery. Their website is cool. Click on some of the characters on the main page and subpages.

See what the dog behind the bar says.

I've had a mixed experience with Sweetwater; their beers are nice but somehow I find the staff to be less than helpful with home brewers and more geared towards the frat boy persona, especially with their marketing.

I promise you that there's at least half a dozen people who bring their dogs to tour nights...anyone like fur in their drink?

Plus the new brewmaster, Mark Medlin, is never anywhere to be found. Better luck with the other local breweries, like Terrapin or Atlanta Brewing.

The assistants Sweetwater are great, but Freddy has NEVER been forthcoming at all, which is his right. There is a reason Sweetwater does not get any love from the Brewing Network or any other national pubs. The owner is a jerk and has something against home brewers even though we probably buy more of their beer than most drinkers per capita.

Their old ESB was a fav of mine. I even sent them my attempt at cloning the beer which was somewhat close, and Freddy ignored me. I love the beer and will keep putting money in their pockets... Just don't expect favors from them when trying to replicate their beer, even if they don't even sale it any more (The ESB was discontinued back in 2005).

Back