using muntons carb tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
I want to bottle half of my apfelwein still and half carbed using these muntons tabs for ease of use.

any one with history using these tabs how many should I use per 12 oz bottle and how many per 22oz bottle for apfelwein?

The ones I have are a bit larger and say to use two for a 22oz bottle......BUT, i can tell you that they way over carbonated the beer I did that to. SO much so that the most recent one I opened gushed out, and no, it was not infected. over carbonated.

rev yours prob are coopers they are one per 12oz or two per 22oz

muntons are smaller and they recommend per 12 oz:
5 for high carb
4 for normal carb
3 for light carb whatever that means.

I thought I read some one say to use 5 for a 22 but it was a while ago.

I wish there was a reply of some one who has used these tabs with success or even better yet apfelwein in a double duce-er

I've been trying to find the answer myself...going so far as emailing Munton's.

no reply (unless it was blocked by my spam filter. don't know how to check there)

I was hoping to get concrete answers for #'s of Carb Tabs to properly carbonate a Belgian Strong Ale in 12 and 22 ounce bottles, as well as the traditional 750 ml ones.

:confused:

I used them and it said to put 5-6 in a 12oz. and 11 in a 22. I did not like them, as they left white chunks, and weird clumps in the foamy head of my Scotch Ale. It was my last package of them. The beer was great, 1/2 kegged, and 1/2 bottled, just not a fan of the muntons tabs. A friend has tried the Coopers and had only good things to say though. The bottles did carb very fast though, not sure why but very very fast.

Back