Wanted: Pipeline Porter All Grain Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBREWDOG

Reaction score
Hey all,
Anyone ever had Kona Brewing Co.'s Pipeline Porter? The stuff is awesome. I was just curious if anyone had a good recipe for the stuff. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a coffee porter that's just awesome.

This is how they describe it:
"Pipeline Porter is dark chocolate in color with a rich roasted malt flavor and smooth coffee finish. Its earthy complexity comes from its diverse blends of premium malts and barley. This celebration of malt unites with freshly roasted 100% Kona coffee grown at Cornwell Estate on Hawaii's Big Island, lending a unique roasty aroma and flavor. A delicate blend of hops rounds out this palate-pleasing brew."

This is what they claim is in it...
Malt: Premium 2-Row Pale, Carapils, Victory, Caramel 80, Extra Special, Chocolate and Dark Chocolate malts, Roasted Barley

Hops: Horizon, Millennium, Warrior, Perle

Alcohol: 5.4% by volume (4.3% wt.)

O.G.: 13.5

IBU: 30

Extras: freshly roasted 100% Kona coffee

I"ve never done any recipe experimentation... But with some advice,
I may have to try.

Do you think they'd be adding cracked whole bean coffee during the boil or just some fresh brewed Joe?

Any advice would be helpful.

This was originally posted in the All Grain Brewing Catagory... (I thought it was more appropriate over here...)

Thanks!

Joe
:mug:

No need to re-post. Your thread will get seen. I did some internet searching and couldn't find much. You might seriously consider e-mailing the brewery and getting some advice. Some breweries are more than willing to help with a clone, and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Back