All Head, Flat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeagleBob

Reaction score
So I found an old beer kit in my parents garage (The Beer Machine) and put it to use. It seemed to work fine so far, but I have a minor problem which I'm not sure how to resolve.

It's basically a 1 step brewing kit, and it's 1 piece (a large keg). There is a valve on the front to dispense the beer once it is done, but when I do it comes out all as foam, leaving me with a tall glass of head. I can wait for it to subside and end up with half a glass of beer, but then it is completely flat (blegh). Is there too much pressure inside, or what?

Thanks, guys. If this works then I should be doing more brewing in the future. I find it is a lot like baking, which is another activity I enjoy.

Thanks! I guess I'll need to bottle it then. I was kinda hoping I could just keep the whole keg in the fridge and avoid the bottling process. The directions with the kit don't say anything about bottling either.

And I used all new ingredients. I figured that the original yeast was certainly expired.

was it cold for more than a day? CO2 sometimes takes time to go properly into suspension(the big head is a classic sign)

Back