Added MaltoDextrin Late!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnwongfat

Reaction score
I brewed up a stout kit (Morebeer B3 Stout) about 3 weeks ago and forgot about the maltodextrin until almost finished. After a quick argument with myself, I decided to throw it in anyways with 15 minutes left in the boil. Now, my gravity is still at about 1.028 (OG of 1.062), is there anything I can do to lower it? I know maltodextrin is for body and not fermentable, but I am not positive this is the cause of my high gravity. I used 4 oz. in a 5 gallon batch if that helps. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Oh no. Easy everyone. Remember everyone has a valid method here... above all no kidney punches:)

Johnwongfat I was told too that this is used for body. In another thread here I also learned that it is unfermentable, which is going to throw the FG off a tad. In a thread at tastybrew.com it was mentioned that this is why many people add this at the time of bottling as several people here do.

Back