Dr Pepper soda syrup in a bag.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clintdowns

Reaction score
I have a kegerator set-up with 3 corny kegs. How would I use the soda syrup to make a good 5 gallons of GREAT Dr Pepper.

Does anyone know how I can do this. I see that the sell enough to make 6 gallons on eBay for around $35.

Please help.

I have been mixing my own soda (Coke) for a while now. What I was told is to use a 5 to 1 ratio of water to syrup. I use a masson jar (24oz) as my measuring cup and i use four in a 5 gallon batch. i don't even know if the math works, but thats what I do.

As for carbing it. I let it sit on 25 psi - 30 psi in the fridge for about 3 days, than drop it to serving pressure.

$35 is kind of alot for one keg of soda. I buy 2.5 gallon Coke syrup bag in a box for $38 at a local distributor and i can get 3 1/2 corny kegs of soda out of it.

I have a kegerator set-up with 3 corny kegs. How would I use the soda syrup to make a good 5 gallons of GREAT Dr Pepper.

Does anyone know how I can do this. I see that the sell enough to make 6 gallons on eBay for around $35.

Please help.

Sams Club online store sells 1 gallon of Dr Pepper syrup for about $20, it will make 6 gallons of pop...5 to 1 ratio.

Sams Club online store sells 1 gallon of Dr Pepper syrup for about $20, it will make 6 gallons of pop...5 to 1 ratio.

Dr. Pepper Syrup Concentrate-1 gal

0089903900084_A

I tried some of the soda stream Dr. Pete and it is pretty close to the original in taste and you can get it at WW.I am new to the hobby and have tried a few of the recipes on the internet and some of the soda stream syrups and the Dr. Pete is the best of the ones I have tasted.

I tried some of the soda stream Dr. Pete and it is pretty close to the original in taste and you can get it at WW.I am new to the hobby and have tried a few of the recipes on the internet and some of the soda stream syrups and the Dr. Pete is the best of the ones I have tasted.

Same here!

I tried this with my soda stream system, and the syrup is thinner than the soda stream syrup.

I poured this in and empty soda stream syrup container (cherry cola), and used the cap for measuring

This needed two capfuls instead of the one normally used for soda stream.

When you fill your water bottles, you will need to allow for the extra syrup and use a little less water.

Fortunately for me, I am from Texas and am spoiled with the original Dr Pepper, so nothing will taste as good! I just hope in the long run, the cost of this syrup will be worth it.

Latest posts

Back