Natural Gas Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellecitybrewer

Reaction score
Im looking at buying three burners for my single tier stand from agri supply. http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=64494&sid=&eid= The only problem is I am planning on using my natural gas line that runs out to my garage. I was wondering if anyone knows if that burner can run off of natural gas or not. And if you think it can, could you please explain what needs to be done to the burner itself? I'm a bit confused after reading all the threads about this...

The inlet of the burner has an orifice in it. It is sized for the burner to be used with high pressure propane. If you are going to use it with Nat. gas, this will need to be changed or drilled out. You can google the formula to figure out the correct size. I would talk with someone that works at a propane supplier to see if they can help you. Luck - Dwain

I bought 3 of those from the same place a couple months ago and I use them with Natural gas. They work fine, but I did drill out the orafices to 1/8"
When drilling out an orafice, step up the size in incriments and test to see which size is best. I researched alot before I did it and 1/8" usually seemed th be the correct size.

Here is the burner, with the Williams conversion valve, running on NG.
IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

Hey, make sure that you have enough pressure in your home line to support the system first.

Back