Dual Body Reg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssinclair

Reaction score
I am looking into setting up my Kegerator. I want to start with one to two kegs, and I want to keep expandability in mind.

Should I go with a dual body regulator, or can I direct the co2 into a manifold before reaching multiple regulators?

I hope I am explaining myself well. Any other tips would be welcome.

Thanks, and First Post!

A dual body regulator will be useful if you want to have your two kegs at different pressures. This can be for several reasons.

1. you can force carb 1 keg at a higher pressure and have the other at serving pressure.
2. you want to serve beers that need diffrerent pressures (English Brown and Hefeweizen for example)

I went with a dual body regulator for these reasons and expandability. In the future, I can have a manifold attached to both regulators utilize 4 kegs.

I am looking into setting up my Kegerator. I want to start with one to two kegs, and I want to keep expandability in mind.

Should I go with a dual body regulator, or can I direct the co2 into a manifold before reaching multiple regulators?

I hope I am explaining myself well. Any other tips would be welcome.

Thanks, and First Post!

You will want a dual reg before the manifolds. They are designed to handle the high pressures from the tank. If you go out to a manifold and THEN into a reg, then you won't have proper pressure going into the regulator.

Like homer said, plus, I believe you CAN go to a manifold then reg, but you would have to purchase special high pressure air lines to go from C02 to manifold, then manifold to reg...and I hear these lines are very expensive.

I do not have a keg setup yet, but dual body reg to manifold is the way to go.

Definatley go for the dual regulator.

I have a 2way manifold on each regulator allowing 2 kegs at one pressure, and 2 kegs at the other.

With the ability to have 4 kegs on draft, I find that the set it and forget it works just fine (as i am serving 3 other kegs) and if I only have 1 or 2 kegs on draft I can go with the higher pressure for the first 2 days to speed up carbonation.

Back