Looking for Bitches Brew in Richmond VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of November 15th DFH brewed a second batch and sent it out. Hoping to find someone who may know if that second batch has reached Richmond stores.

the only place i've seen it in VA was Bier Garden in Portsmouth, that was a few months ago, but they DO have an off site license (take a bottle home). i enjoyed having a whole bottle to myself :)

the had it at the brew pub in Rehoboth Beach when i went for Halloween. it was $10 or $12. i regret not picking up a few bottles since the Brewmasters show catapulted this beer into super stardom.

A couple of local Williamsburg (just south of Richmond) places got small allotments from the local DFH distributor last week. I went in search of last Wed and bought the last bottle at the Wine Cellar (they had 2 cases when they opened that day), and then to the "World Of Wine" where I found 4 more, of which I bought 2. I think with the 1 hour DFH/Brewmasters advertisement on Discovery last Sunday night, this run of Bitches Brew won't last long on the shelves.

My local Kroger in SW VA had some the day after Brewmasters aired at $9.99 a bottle. I thought it was a fantastic beer, full of flavor and would gladly sip another bottle.

Anybody who wants some send me a PM. My local supplier has a large stock of it right now at $10.99/bottle. I'm in the middle of a trade with a California HBT'er right now to get him some. I'm looking for Alaskan smoked porter or whatever else I can't get on the east coast.

i don't remember exactly what it tasted like, because i got some of the first bottled batch a few months ago.

i know it was a really tasty stout, nice malty body like i expect from Dogfish Head. it didn't taste bad taste like Chicory Stout, and it wasn't strong like World Wide Stout. definitely the most drinkable stout i've ever had from Dogfish. one of my favorite stouts i've ever had.

Same in Central TX... I know they just shipped a 2nd batch. Anyone have any luck finding any?
There are still no bottles in Texas. From what I've heard, TABC had some issues with the label; my guess is they objected to the word "*****".

This past weekend, 10 kegs made it to Texas. At least 3 of them that I know of were in Austin. The Ginger Man downtown supposedly sold out in 15 minutes, and the Flying Saucer had one as well. I tried it at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema where they did a showing of Sunday night's Brew Masters episode.

I paid $7.50 for 8 oz of the stuff. But it was good. Really good. :D

I was disappointed with Bitches Brew. I love Dogfish Head and everything they stand for. Sam is really innovative obviously and their IPA's are some of the best on the market IMO. But some of these limited release specialty beers they've been coming out with just haven't been very good. Bitches, Obrama, and My Antonio, just didn't do it for me. They seemed kind of flat.. I don't know. Still, I like how they are pushing the boundaries.

I work at Bestway in Greensboro NC (look us up on beeradvocate and ratebeer). All I can really tell ya is that they HAVE sent out the second batch and that it is available at our store but in extremely limited quantities. I thought it was a good beer, but not up to the hype that everyone has been talking about. IF you are ever close to Greensboro anytime soon let me know with your name and number and I can save one for you. They are 8.99 for a big bottle (1 pint 9 fl).

He probably meant Theobroma, which isn't that special, but i will say that I bought seconds of My Antonia, and they were out of stock when i went for thirds. I love that beer. I passed on a second chance to get Bitches Brew, and i regret it now.

Don't know if you have a Whole Foods near you, but I know all of them in NYC have them. Also don't know if this was mentioned but DFH just did another batch that was released a couple weeks ago.

Obrama? I was curious as to what you were referring to, and a Google search shows no such brew ever being created by Dogfish under the name Obrama.

Yeah, sorry about the spelling on that. Theobroma came out a few months ago. Supposed to have some South American influences (Hunduras I think) cocoa, chilies, etc. I thought it tasted kind of like Midas Touch which isn't my favorite DFH brew to begin with.

my loving wife knew i was looking for it and i came home from work the other day and she had six large bottles of it waiting for me. i thought it was a very good beer but only as an occasional drink. i wouldn't want one everyday. i wonder how much its gonna cost me when i hear "you remember when i went all over town to find you that beer???"

Wine and beer Westpark in the West end at Broad/Pemberton next to Martins. Tell Matt and Spencer that Ron sent you! They may still have some left, but if not they have a great selection of other craft!!! By far my favorite bottle shop in Richmond!

I had to special order 4 bottles from the internet. Bitches Brew is one of my favorite albums, and now it's definitely one of my favorite beers. Anyone who thinks otherwise I just do not understand, haha. But thats just me. I also loved theobroma (actually a little bit more). They are both really smooth, and crisp. Bitches brew makes me feel so creative and inspired. Theobroma is just a nice chill chocolatey beer. Always impressed by Sam's creations.

My local six pack joint, The Foodery in Northern Liberties Philadelphia, got 2 cases of it and blew through it in less than 48 hours. I was lucky enough to grab 1 bottle, and it was a 1 bottle limit or I would have gotten a few, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Back