New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hastings

Reaction score
I'am about to start kegging for the first time and i have a few questions. (I'am brewing ales)

When i transfer the beer over to the 5 gallon keg, is that where the priming sugar should be added, right in the keg?

When i let the beer age for 2 weeks should i keep it in a refrigerator or around 60 to 75 degrees?

Does the CO2 tank have to be connected to the kegs while i wait for the beer to age?

Thankyou once again.

I'am about to start kegging for the first time and i have a few questions. (I'am brewing ales)

When i transfer the beer over to the 5 gallon keg, is that where the priming sugar should be added, right in the keg?

When i let the beer age for 2 weeks should i keep it in a refrigerator or around 60 to 75 degrees?

Does the CO2 tank have to be connected to the kegs while i wait for the beer to age?

Thankyou once again.

You only need to add priming sugar if you are not planning on force carbing with co2. If you do use the sugar, I have read that you should use less since you are carbing the entire batch together, in the keg. If you do it this way, leave it out at like 70* to condition just like you would with bottles. You do not need to leave the co2 connected, but I would hit it with a couple psi to purge the oxygen, and seal the lid.
Hope that helps.

Back