AG Monster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad you already have all those 3/8" fittings because you'll probably want to upgrade to 1/2" OD tubing. I was pretty surprised how low the flow rate of this pump is and I'm using 1/2" hose.

Lil' Sparky said:
So is all you shiny SS tubing down the tube then?
No, not all of it. I will relocate the pumps to the bottom of the frame. I will just have to add about 30" of tubing to the inlet and outlet of each pump. Like I said, minor set back. In addition to getting more SS tubing, I will also have to buy new pump mounting hardware. I think this time I will weld the pump mounts in place. Initially, when I named it the AG monster I didn't necessarily think that it would be like piecing together Frankenstein. Oh well, it is still going to be one sexy machine.

how much were the burners and pumps?

i hear it's popular to pull burners from broken hot water heaters and pumps from broken dish washers. did you consider doing something like that, or did you just want to go with all new stuff?

marosell said:
how much were the burners and pumps?

i hear it's popular to pull burners from broken hot water heaters and pumps from broken dish washers. did you consider doing something like that, or did you just want to go with all new stuff?

The burners were about $18 each and the pumps were about $85 each.
I don't know about the burners from hot water heaters, but where the pumps are concerned, I wanted the magnetic drive feature of the March 809. This ensures that no liquid can escape the pump housing. Additionally the March 809 is rated for Temperatures up to 250F and is food grade.

Back