What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they came in plastic I would buy a few in a heartbeat.

Yeah I would too. We can only hope that they will come out soon. Which I am sure they will. Having mostly glass carboys anyways, maybe I will grab one. But now that I think of it, they might even be trickier to move.

I bet if your tomorrow self could travel back in time, he would try and stop you.

Haha! I'm sure you're probably right.

Second pour of jalapeño cucumber mead. I might mix it up and pour something else after this.

The weather is supposed to be nasty tomorrow so I'm taking off. Who's going to stop me from drinking this whole bottle of DC's jalapeño cucumber mead? That's right, nobody! :D
View attachment 175291

Watch out for that crazy Texas winter Wes lol

Attachments

• 1390877445099.jpg
    1390877445099.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 80
Can't believe I have waited so long to try this one. The can said best by 10/31/13, but this is drinking really well right now. Damn, I only bought one of them

Watch out for that crazy Texas winter Wes lol

I think that picture is being very generous with the amount of ice on the ground. Maybe cut that in half. ;)
People in Houston drive like idiots on a normal day, I don't need to be around them when you throw some sleet and ice on the road at them. No thanks, I'll be here hungover/drinking. :D

What the heck...let's have some Monday night beer! Drinking some more Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. I needed more bottles for my hefe I bottled today...so I poured 3 into an empty growler. And 3 Brooklyn Chocolate Stouts. I'm NOT going to waste them and they just canceled school for tomorrow! (Not even supposed to start snowing until well afternoon...stupid. But I'll get to sleep in a bit, before I run to the store!)

IMAG2500.jpg

Just tried this a couple weeks ago. I don't know a whole lot about scotch, but I liked that one a lot.

HB chocolate chili stout for me.

This is actually one I hadn't had before. My sister in law gave me a bottle. As far as an Islay single malt goes, this one's pretty subtle on the smoke. It's not as flavorful as other Islays, but it lets some complexity shine through. Not my favorite (and I'll still prefer a Laphroaig or Lagavulin), but it's tasty enough in its own right.

I hope it all works out for you.

Hey, it's nice. Where would you cut them? I like the little white inner bevels so I assume the cut lines are outside of that?

Coffee, the coke, now water.

The labels are 9 to a sheet...this was just printed on regular paper to test, but the labels are an Avery #22809 peel and stick from Staples. I created the labels on their template. I used to work at FedEx Office and was spoiled on their software...this is a pain in the butt! It works though, with enough tweaking! I won't do this for every brew, but it's nice to spruce one up when it's for someone else.

School is cancelled...don't have to get up at 6 a.m.!!! Drinking Dogfish 60 Minute IPA

Agree. I think I have 1 more stashed in the basement closet. Don't want to go verify that, because I won't come back empty handed. :)

Yeah, I have one bottle stashed away as well. Not sure how long it'll survive.

More of DisturbdChemist's mead. The bottle says CG. From the smell and taste I'd guess that stands for cinnamon and ginger. A little sweet, but over all very good.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390882068.456714.jpg

Just got back from our homebrew club meeting at Bluejacket brewpub. Tasted many things, a lot that were very good, actually. Highlight for me was Oldsock's (mad fermentationist) Rum Barrel Sour Brown with Raspberries. Really outstanding. That and Charlie Papazian randomly being there for dinner and then hanging out with us homebrewers for a couple hours.

My German IPA I. On to a schlafly pumpkin 2012. think Im gonna let them sit in the basement another year. the heavy cinnamon that I didn't care for seems to be now starting to mellow some but it could be turning into a mess by then.

Getting a little Fuggled with my overcarbedish all fuggle ipa. Kinda like champagne carb and giving a rocky head. No spraying or gushing though. I think Im done with aging homebrews. I like brewing IPAs too much. I may just brew less and just drink them all per batch rather than hanging on to them(cuz I have a hard time letting them go I guess :( ). Sucks though because I don't like drinking the same beer over and over,in fact I prefer a rotation of good beer. Going for quality over variety maybe by not ageing them- yet I will have to deal with repeated consistency- oh the woes of beer drinking. Ageing my homebrews is all a part of experimental phase though-I like to see how they evolved. I have some pretty good older batches that are holding up well though particularly the non ipa's. Did I mention its colder than a...?

Getting a little Fuggled with my overcarbedish all fuggle ipa. Kinda like champagne carb and giving a rocky head. No spraying or gushing though. I think Im done with aging homebrews. I like brewing IPAs too much. I may just brew less and just drink them all per batch rather than hanging on to them(cuz I have a hard time letting them go I guess :( ). Sucks though because I don't like drinking the same beer over and over,in fact I prefer a rotation of good beer. Going for quality over variety maybe by not ageing them- yet I will have to deal with repeated consistency- oh the woes of beer drinking. Maybe not going to do that though. Did I mention its colder than a...?

Smaller batches? Maybe 2.5 gallon batches. I have similar problem. I tend to brew 2 IPAs to every other style. By the end of the keg, the IPAs have lost their hoppy goodness.

Edit: never mind can't add a photo - troegs perpetual IPA

Smaller batches? Maybe 2.5 gallon batches. I have similar problem. I tend to brew 2 IPAs to every other style. By the end of the keg, the IPAs have lost their hoppy goodness.

Edit: never mind can't add a photo - troegs perpetual IPA

Yeah, I have a 3 gallon carboy. I use to do 1.5. Its now 2.5 gallon for me from here on. Stovetop BIAB. I actually pulled off a 3 pot boil on my glass top stove to do a BIAB 5 gallon kitchen sink brew(last brew I did since late spring) and put it in my new 6.5 gal bottle bucket for primary and used some prime drops. Also turned out to be a pretty nice beer for being a wili nilli throw what you have left all in your mash/boil.:mug: I can only describe it a foreign export/extra stout/ black ipa and more black ipa than stout. Possibly a decent black ipa altogether. Maybe even grammy winning and all kinds of awards and stuff. Hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ! Its better than other beers that I tried to make good beers really. And sometimes that is what happens, I call it luck. Ill call it a unique beer that I like to drink that does not suck.

Yeah, I have a 3 gallon carboy. I use to do 1.5. Its now 2.5 gallon for me from here on. Stovetop BIAB. I actually pulled off a 3 pot boil on my glass top stove to do a BIAB 5 gallon kitchen sink brew(last brew I did since late spring) and put it in my new 6.5 gal bottle bucket for primary and used some prime drops. Also turned out to be a pretty nice beer for being a wili nilli throw what you have left all in your mash/boil.:mug: I can only describe it a foreign export/extra stout/ black ipa and more black ipa than stout. Possibly a decent black ipa altogether. Maybe even grammy winning and all kinds of awards and stuff. Hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ! Its better than other beers that I tried to make good beers really. And sometimes that is what happens, I call it luck. Ill call it a unique beer that I like to drink that does not suck.

I like 'kitchen sink brew days'. If you have it on hand, throw it in. I've made 3 or 4 batches that way. None were great, but all were drinkable. And I couldn't reproduce any of them, even if I bothered to write down what I did.

On to a HB blondeImageUploadedByHome Brew1390888048.253544.jpg

Guess im THE only one up.. more ipa. This one came out great! Lots if floral and tropical fruit notes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Guess im THE only one up.. more ipa. This one came out great! Lots if floral and tropical fruit notes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I just woke back up buddy. Took a couple more shots of the vodka while drinking this.., recycled pic, delicious beer.
Edit:my days off are Tuesday and Wednesday so today is my major drinkng day. :drunk:

1390896975100.jpg

Back