I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago, I was interviewing an applicant for a network engineer position and he looks at me and tells me that he knows me. I ask where from. He tells me I went to High School X. I nod and say that I did attend that school. He then tells me he went to High School Y and that I beat the crap out of him one Friday night at the Burger King...

I was sitting with hubby one night watching TV, a show about bullying. He shared some experiences and then asked if I was ever bullied in school. I said, no, if anyone said anything cross about me or my 3 sisters, I beat them up. So he says, "Oh, you were the bully!" No, all my friends were the nerds and poor kids, they knew I'd stand up for them and they rallied behind me. I was even nominated for president of the vocational school part of my highschool and got voted vice president without even running for it. President was the school bully. A girl but she had all her stupid boyfriends to back her up. I didn't care, dragged her by the hair down the hallway one day then threw her into the lockers. My friends showed up before hers did.

Ahh,, the good old days, over 20 years ago and I still remember.

A girl but she had all her stupid boyfriends to back her up. I didn't care, dragged her by the hair down the hallway one day then threw her into the lockers. My friends showed up before hers did.

Ahh,, the good old days, over 20 years ago and I still remember.

Definitely qualifies as badass. :ban:

Oooh, Dan' brings the ACDC. I liked the newer stuff starting with Back in Black. But this song, with the late great Bon Scott, was one of their coolest for sure. All the old stuff with him was classic (Highway to Hell, High Voltage). I cut my rock & roll teeth with ACDC.

Last edited by a moderator:
:mug:My brew buddy just left. Got his starters stepped up. Didn't break anything today, but he did manage to spill spent wort all over the kitchen floor. He's always in such a hurry. Now that he's been working longer hours it's like he's on autopilot and doesn't watch what he's doing half the time. It's like following around a puppy dog. :pipe:

BTW, I'm not sure what the Sherlock smiley is for, but it doesn't get enough play, so there's that.

Hmmm, music......

I like deep fried pickle chips.
fried-pickles_crop.jpg

Ya'll know Kris and Janis used to bang and had a big falling out, right?

This song is always stuck in my head. I don't drink whiskey anymore. I've sworn of mead and cyser, too.

Produced by Steve Cropper per youtube notes. That's good, if ya don't know.

[ame]http://youtu.be/39dzjrl5dN0[/ame]

If you ain't never had your cousin wife spoon feed you mashed potatoes, well then you ain't Jerry Lee. Sick piano on this one.

I was feeling sluggish earlier so I made some coffee. I don't drink it very often anymore and I believe I over did it. I'm buzzin like a bee. I wondering, has anybody ever tried adding coffee to beer in the glass? I'm thinking just chill down a shot and toss it in. I have a nice stout on tap. Might add too much bitterness. I'm sure if I searched I'd find something on it. Maybe later....maybe now. I wonder how fast I'm going. Haven't seen a speed limit sign. Oh there's one.....crap couldn't read it.

I was feeling sluggish earlier so I made some coffee. I don't drink it very often anymore and I believe I over did it. I'm buzzin like a bee. I wondering, has anybody ever tried adding coffee to beer in the glass? I'm thinking just chill down a shot and toss it in. I have a nice stout on tap. Might add too much bitterness. I'm sure if I searched I'd find something on it. Maybe later....maybe now. I wonder how fast I'm going. Haven't seen a speed limit sign. Oh there's one.....crap couldn't read it.

I'd think if you mixed in some cold brewed coffee it won't be too bad (bitterness-wise)

Bee yourself. :) I can't say I have. It should be pretty good. The nasty bitterness people sometimes get from using coffee solids in brew is due to over extraction of sudo-tannins from the alcohol in the solution.

Buzz beer anyone?

To those wiser folks here I am thinking of getting a new brew pot and found these. 6 mil thick and it seems pretty cheap. Hah I picked a crappy photo so here is a link http://www.samsclub.com/sams/60-qt-aluminum-stock-pot/prod5150480.ip

You can get a 60 quart stainless pot off ebay for almost the same price. That's what I'd go with. They're thinner, but thinner is better IMO. I've never had problems with scorching and you can get a lot more vigorous boil. Just my $0.02. Don't let me sway you though if that's what you want.

Speaking of coffee? I was listening to Bob and Tom on the ride to work this morning as usual. Those guys are hilarious sometimes and sometimes I think they are still highschoolers.

Anyway they were talking about a man and wife who love coffee enemas.. Crazy. Apparently it takes about five hours at a time and they do them twice a day laying on the bathroom floor. Reading books and watching TV..

Okay, that sent my gross factor through the roof as I'm sure it does most anybody.. Just thought I'd share. :D

Anybody up for some in the can coffee?

Speaking of coffee? I was listening to Bob and Tom on the ride to work this morning as usual. Those guys are hilarious sometimes and sometimes I think they are still highschoolers.

Anyway they were talking about a man and wife who love coffee enemas.. Crazy. Apparently it takes about five hours at a time and they do them twice a day laying on the bathroom floor. Reading books and watching TV..

Okay, that sent my gross factor through the roof as I'm sure it does most anybody.. Just thought I'd share. :D

Anybody up for some in the can coffee?

TX needs to add a hurling emoticon!

I was looking at those, not the exact same one but the 40 quart before Christmas as a HLT and possibly a mash tun. After Christmas the prices shot up a lot. Still a pretty decent deal.

Edit: The SS pots. Not the Folgers. :)

Wife's out of town for her new job. I'd better get used to it and this isn't a good start.

Looks like the same one on Revvy's ugly junk...I mean his corona mill ugly junk.

10 hours on the bathroom floor with coffee up the backside should require an intervention. Not by me, but just saying.

Not to take this thread off track which is pretty much impossible. The couple has been discouraged practicing this from their family and doctors.

Yuck.

Lets get back to SS pots.. and not think about the porcelain god these two idiot let loose in after their unique coffee high.

Just searched. The 44 quart SS pot they had for $62 dollars isn't even listed now. Should have bought them when I had the chance. Let that be a lesson to you V-Man

I just picked up the 44 QT Steamer Basket last week to use for my jump into BIAB All Grain this weekend. Wish I would have bought them together, but wasn't thinking that far ahead.

I just picked up the 44 QT Steamer Basket last week to use for my jump into BIAB All Grain this weekend. Wish I would have bought them together, but wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Hind sight is indeed 20-20. Look on the bright side. Now you're all set! :mug:

Well dang I am not going to buy tonight I think. I got more beer than I can drink as it is right now and my keg still works in a pinch. I just hate lugging the keg around loaded up with hot wort. I guess I need to make a brew stand next:rockin:

Hind sight is indeed 20-20. Look on the bright side. Now you're all set! :mug:

So out of control. I even built a pulley system to hang from the underside of the deck to lift the steamer basket out to drain and squeeze the grains after mashing. Seven's BIAB tutorial sticky is pretty good.

So out of control. I even built a pulley system to hang from the underside of the deck to lift the steamer basket out to drain and squeeze the grains after mashing. Seven's BIAB tutorial sticky is pretty good.

Sounds to me like good Operational Risk Management. I'd call that smart. Continue to lift a very heavy hot mash basket out by hand. Then maybe you're out of control.

Maybe it's just me. Time to pick up this thread..

Fat Bottomed Girls anybody?

Edit: On a side note. One year I was back home on leave. My dad was down in the dumps. My mom had died about a year earlier. Dad wasn't doing so well himself at this point. Last stages of cancer but he didn't tell anybody about it..it wasn't his first go around with that evil disease and he had no fight left in him after mom passed.

That's beside the point. The two of us took a trip to St Louis together from central Illinois. He slept along the way quite a bit. And then this song. Either I had it on cassette or it came up on the radio. He woke up, perked up! Listened to the whole song and laughed. He asked if it was new... Hell no it wasn't. I told him "Dad, I listened to this as a kid 10 years ago". He asked why he had never heard it. Long story short he got a kick out of it.

Just thought I'd share.

Back