Just so I'm clear...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Paychecks are in and it's finally time to make me a keggorator! I just wanted to be doubly sure that the 4.9 cu ft Sanyon will fit two 5 gallon kegs and I that I can have my co2 tank on he outside. Is that correct? I've been looking all over the forum and that seems to be the case, but I just want to be positive before I make my investment. If that is the case then I can go right to a 10# tank.
Thanks in advance.

Yup, you can fit two 5 gal kegs and have the co2 tank on the outside. You can either run one gas line in through the drain in the back and split it inside the fridge or you can drill holes and run two gas lines into the fridge (that's what I did).

IMG_0102_Custom_.JPG

Would I be able to lager in the 4912 (assuming nothing else is in there of course)?
Edit: That is to say, would my 6.5 gallon carboy fit, or would I have to use a 5 gallon carboy with a blow off?

homebrewer_99 said:
Yep, Sanyo 4912...I have my tank and 2 cornies in there and I did not have to take the door rack out.

I had to switch the bottom shelf around, but it's still in there.
;)

How did you accomplish keeping the bottom shelf inside? It's supporting the CO2 tank? Have a picture?

He's talking about the bottom shelf on the door. If you take it off and rotate it 90 degrees, you can keep it on. I use it to hold mason jars full of washed yeast.

drunkatuw said:
He's talking about the bottom shelf on the door. If you take it off and rotate it 90 degrees, you can keep it on. I use it to hold mason jars full of washed yeast.

Duh. That makes a heck of a lot more sense. I haven't gotten around to making a shelf for my tank yet and thought he knew something I didn't. I like the idea of drilling the extra hole for the other gas line.

Latest posts

Back