Ughh teenagers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
Long story short, the husband's younger 18 year old sister got into some big fight with the parents. So, she decides to march down the road in the pitch black darkness with a suitcase (she's was supposed go back to college in oneonta tonight) and hitch hikes to our house (we're about 5 mins driving distance from his parents). She broke up with her HS boyfriend and has been crying and screaming on the cell phone for hours with my MIL that they are controlling her life, yada, yada. At one point, she marches out of our house, and the husband has to drive down road and convinces her to come back to our house. At least, we finally got her to go back home. Husband is driving her back now.

OMG how do people put up with teenage daughters? I understand hormones and all, but I can't remember ever being this bad. I can't take this s***

/vent

Wow. Sounds like a blast. You should tell her to RDWHAHB.

I have an 8 month old daughter, I better start praying harder for her teenage years.

I thought you were gonna say teenagers raided you keggerator and drank all your stash that you spent months slaving and suffering to make and now ....NOW its all GOOONNNEEE!!!!!Crying awww,no big deal tune it out like when my wife talks to me while football is on!

I should have pull out one of my batches. It would have only been a small sacrifice. You can never restore hearing loss, and I think I have some after today :drunk:

Making me rethink the whole having kids thing. I don't have any at the moment, and I think that's something I can be grateful this Thanksgiving ;)

There's a funny song (ok, sort of funny, also kinda twisted) by My Chemical Romance... called "Teenagers."

main words? "Teenagers scare the living **** outta me."

I agree whole heartedly. I hope when I have kids I can ship them away from age 13-18.

Last edited by a moderator:
Busted. Isn't failing to appreciate the long-term consequences of actions stereotypical teenage behavior?

underthesink said:
Alright I am a teenage brewer so let me give you stereotypical adults some insight about us 'kids' ... there isnt much you can do about us haha, especially since she is a woman. Just keep track of where she goes and make sure she doesnt get into trouble. Eventually she will calm down and get over her boyfriend. It will take time though. Goodluck with her and by the way not all of us teenagers are bad!

Yooper said:
That's too bad. You stated you were 21 when you joined the forum.

Since you're not, you'll have to come back in a couple of years.

Oh snap!

.........whose parents let a teenager brew?

I was a mess at 18, but never that bad. It's probably is the parents fault.

At age 31 I asked my near-tea totalling and extraordinarily strict father what he would have done if he had hypothetically caught me brewing when I was underage. He thought for a moment and said "I would have started a fund for you to go pro when you were older, it would have demonstrated initiative. Oh, and I would have grounded you for about a year."

.........whose parents let a teenager brew?

I was a mess ay 18, but never that bad. It probably is the parents fault.

alright i am a teenage brewer so let me give you stereotypical adults some insight about us 'kids' ... There isnt much you can do about us haha, especially since she is a woman. Just keep track of where she goes and make sure she doesnt get into trouble. Eventually she will calm down and get over her boyfriend. It will take time though. Goodluck with her and by the way not all of us teenagers are bad!
that's too bad. You stated you were 21 when you joined the forum.

Since you're not, you'll have to come back in a couple of years.

hahahahahahaha

Also, Id love to come down on teenagers for sharing "opinions" which werent asked for and they know will be poorly received (ie our little homebrew miscreant above), but some people do that well into their 90s. Where self expression ends and "shutting the hell up for the sake of peace and quiet" begins is the real question...

Teenagers are God's punishment for enjoying sex!

I have two teenagers (both boys) in the house right now, plus a 7 year old daughter. For the last 5, and the next 13 years, I will have at least one teenager in the house, usually two!

And they ask me why I drink.....:drunk:

So what you guys are saying is that for their 13th birthday they should be given the gift of someone else's home? ;)

acuenca said:
So what you guys are saying is that for their 13th birthday they should be given the gift of someone else's home? ;)

Yes.

Mark Twain (no, it wasn't Ben Franklin) said "When a child turns 13, he should be sealed up in a barrel and fed through the bunghole. When he turns 16, seal up the bunghole"

Ahhh Stoneonta.

I went there from '93-'97. Quite possibly the only person to graduate in less than five years.
Apparently, it's now considered a reputable school.

Alright I am a teenage brewer so let me give you stereotypical adults some insight about us 'kids' ... there isnt much you can do about us haha, especially since she is a woman. Just keep track of where she goes and make sure she doesnt get into trouble. Eventually she will calm down and get over her boyfriend. It will take time though. Goodluck with her and by the way not all of us teenagers are bad!

I wonder how he explains the yeast farts to his parents . . .

Hmm very sneaky lol...from profile:

"My name Under The Sink originates from the fact im doing all my brewing under my sink to hide it from my parents! I am just trying to make some quality mead that I can share at my local home brew store for others to judge. I call all my brews a sexualy related name to make it funny and unique"

SenorPepe said:
Hmm very sneaky lol...from profile:

"My name Under The Sink originates from the fact im doing all my brewing under my sink to hide it from my parents! I am just trying to make some quality mead that I can share at my local home brew store for others to judge. I call all my brews a sexualy related name to make it funny and unique"

Lol. Nothing unique there.

is it illegal to brew under the age of 21? at what point does your must officially become alcohol? If you let a juice sit out for too long then it starts to ferment is that illegal? and back in the day wasnt the legal drinking age 18? why did it change?

is it illegal to brew under the age of 21? at what point does your must officially become alcohol? If you let a juice sit out for too long then it starts to ferment is that illegal? and back in the day wasnt the legal drinking age 18? why did it change?

Yes, it is illegal to brew under the age of 21 as the moment you add yeast to juice/cider/wort it becomes wine/hard cider/beer.

And picking a new name won't help. We have your IP and if you continue to sign up with a "new" name we can just notify your local law enforcement and internet provider (both verizon for your smartphone and charter for home internet).

Please respect the rules of our forum.

How many times must the ban hammer drop before one gets the point? This thread is getting pretty amusing.

I prayed and prayed when i first found out my wife was preggers that it would be a boy so I wouldn't have to deal with teenage girl drama with my first child. God delivered and I get to have a boy first. Don't care if a girl comes next, if she gets all "teenagey" and dramatic then the boy and I can go escape to the brewshed while the wife calms her down.

Actually here is an interesting question re: laws that are sort of on topic... Im sure there is a lawyer or two kicking around here....

If my friend's brother, who just turned 20, were to assist me when I was brewing, are one or both of us breaking the law? is all well if I am the one pitching the yeast?

I think it comes down to the situation the kids grow in but personally I blame most parents for the behavior of their kids, that being said....lol..
So at what age is it legal to be a homebrewers assistant? I have one for sure and a couple up comers...lol.. I know it could be serious but is my 11yr old breaking the law when I ask her to tap my keg? Shes good at it :)

Actually here is an interesting question re: laws that are sort of on topic... Im sure there is a lawyer or two kicking around here....

If my friend's brother, who just turned 20, were to assist me when I was brewing, are one or both of us breaking the law? is all well if I am the one pitching the yeast?

If you check the laws for your state, it might vary as long as he wasn't pitching the yeast or imbibing in the product when finished.

In Wisconsin, for example, your kids can drink in bars (or at home) with parental permission and presence. I've had a cocktail with my kids when they were older teens, in Wisconsin, completely legally in a hotel bar.

They still can't brew alone legally, and of course aren't allowed on our forum because our rules state the standard legal drinking age.

Back