Attention Houston Area Brewers!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffman2

Reaction score
Hey Houston, I've seen way too many threads pop up with other Brew Cities going in on bulk grain buys and not one for the South Texas areas. I missed out on the Austin one last year and don't know when or if they plan on doing that again.

But here, for the Greater Houston area, I want to gauge the interest of the Bayou City's finest brewers to see who wants to up their game a bit and get a whole s^*t ton of grain.

I've already bought 2- 50 pound sacks of 2-row from Austin Homebrew and have stored them in my closet since March with no crop raids from the filthy WeeVil Clan so that should dispell the rumors that we cannot store grain in our humid climate (my LHBS even told me that this could not be done for more than 2 weeks here in Texas before Weevils would attack and ravage my grains).

I've already talked to one LHBS in the Houston area and they can get us the goods of pretty much whatever we want. They are looking for pricing and quantity info for me now. Of course the more brewers we get to go in, the cheaper everything should be.

So, what do you guys think? I know there's at least 2 big brewing club associations out here that might be able to help us out with a nice order. If we get decent feedback we might be able to put something together for a nice little Christmas gift to ourselves! What do you want for Christmas little Johnny? Grains Santa, tons of beautiful sacks of grains!

Come on South Texas, let's step up to the plate and put Houston on the national BrewMap!

Cheers,

Duffman
Aka MojoHusker

Standard malts, 2row, maris otter, vienna, pilsener, etc. And hopefully some specialty malts too like chocolate, biscuit, and crystals.

Hey Raven, I'm in league city too. If they don't respond tomorrow I'll try to call them on Friday and I'll post what they tell me.

Hopefully there's more brewers in the Houston area besides just us :mug:

There's a butt load of brewers here, they just like paying full price.;)

PM me and we'll see what we can come up with. I gotta few other friends we can bring in too.

Back