Craigslist SCORE! (finally, my turn!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
My turn, for once :ban:

Cruising CL for the region yesterday morning before I started work and I came upon an ad for a used Bevaire Keg cooler. Two towers, on has three taps. Its originally designed to hold 3 1/2 BBL kegs, so I was told. I emailed the guy and told him I wanted it, picked it up this morning. He owns a restaurant and didn't need it when he changed locations, so he was getting rid of it as quickly as possible.

As of this morning I'm the proud owner of this:

Bevair_3_keg_cooler.jpg

Towers.jpg

Sanke_Couplers.jpg

Ran into some issues during transportation of it (DOH) and one of the doors got messed up (kinda hard to tell, it looks like the plastic has been melted and pressed in... the tailgate from the truck we were using hit it as it sat on the trailer, when turning while backing up.)
Other_Damaged_door.jpg

I'll be fixing this with a well sized white board or chalk board with draft choices.

Worse, on the other side the tailgate slid right in under the door and pressed in the insulation/body where the door seal meets up

Dented_door.jpg

I'm going to be fixing this with a piece of of 1.5" angle aluminum, either buffed up or painted black... I'll either make it run the entire length between the hinges or even pull the hinges off and attach it underneath. When it's done you won't know the dent is either there.

So included were 5 reverse sealing taps, 5 sanke couplers, a 2 way gas manifold, and the two towers (no hobbit's involved) All for the whopping rate of.... wait for it....see how much they cost new.... $150....

Let the hatred begin, while you look at my drain hole :D
Drain_hole.jpg

Hell Yeah. We have one of those in our South San Jose location.
I keep hoping that it will 'need replacing' so I can 'repurpose' it. :)

Good Job on the CL Score!

Thanks all, this is the best craigslist find I've ever had!

didnt you have a chest freezer kegerator as well?

My tale of kegerators has been short and woeful. At this point I've had a vintage fridge one that got moldy after I was away for a few weeks, and a mini-fridge one that only held one keg and the compressor burned out after 2 months. Earlier this summer I picked up a 3 tap keezer (pre-built) and that is in my apt at school. Since I can't bring this one to my apt/import it to canada, I'll hold this one at home until I can use it. After that I'll use the keezer for lagering!! I just COULDN'T pass this deal up!

I would get one of those, but I think I'd rather make one on my own and span it between the two towers.. It'd be a chop job but if you give me a few basic machines and $100 I could make it look decent!

After seeing MrShake's thread and score I'm tempted to be jealous, but I'm still stoked about my score!

I found some 1.5" angle aluminum yesterday, and a piece of 1.75" angle aluminum. Today I'll be looking at spray paint but I may just end up buffing the aluminum up when I place it to fix the frame.

I still haven't had time to size up how many cornies I can fit, but I'm hoping for 10 + a 20lb co2 tank. Too much to ask??

awesome scoop off CL, I hope you dont have an "accident" and that sweet baby doesnt end up in my hands! LOL, honestly a sweet find!!! my uncle has a 6 1/2bbl unit like that with 6 taps on 2 towers, sitting in his warehouse and wont give it up!!!!! damn relatives!!!

How many do you have?

I've kind of making a habit of collecting them when I can get them for $20 or less... At this point I have 21, an done more with a busted lid (new lids are something like 17 bucks :confused:)

I checked last night and I can get 12, 5 gallon ball-locks in there, plus since the gas-in line comes from the outside I can leave my 20lb tank out there (I can put a Nitro tank inside if/when I ever get one) On the compressor hump it looks like I could fit 2, 3 gallon cornies...Now I'm going to have to watch for a sale and try and pick up maybe 5 of them? It is my ultimate goal to brew 15 gallon batches, so that also means I'll be needing about 20 more kegs...

I think I'll be building my own custom 12 tap tower, as I can't afford the one pictured above :cross:

So, how many people just went on craigslist to look for another great deal? I know I did.

haha, I check every morning around 8 o'clock for VT and NH and Montreal...actually I haven't done montreal yet today..shoot. Anywho, basically the same exact kegerator with a 4 tap T, kinda like the one pictured above, showed up on NH CL today... for $1000!! I knew I was getting a good deal :ban: hmm...maybe I should re-sell it??

NAH! I'd rather have 12-14 beers on tap!

What about MrShake's Thread???

**COUGH***3door3tower5tapfor80bucks***COUGH**

Nice Score man.... way to make um jealous!

That's exactly what about your thread! You'll be able to get 20-25 cornies in there if I can get 12 in mine!!

Dudddeee, you could have every type of beer from the BJCP Style Guidelines on tap. That would be EPIC!!

You too! We should start a "We own industrial kegerators" group, haha :D

Kidding, I'm just still so keyed up about this score!:ban:

That's exactly what about your thread! You'll be able to get 20-25 cornies in there if I can get 12 in mine!!

Dudddeee, you could have every type of beer from the BJCP Style Guidelines on tap. That would be EPIC!!

well both of......

you_suck1.jpg

Don't be kidding... I'm thinking t-shirts that say:

"Making the world a better place with industrial keg coolers"

Or "If you think BMC is beer, don't even LOOK at my kegerator" ?

I know of at least one other person on here who has something similar... lemme see if I can find him.

Someone has a similar one listed a couple of hours away from me for $600 but says only two of the four taps work. I really want to jump on in but I don't have any way of getting it to me plus the price seems a little high. :(

Back