Beer to swap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesrm

Reaction score
Over the past month I have brewed about 70 gallons of beer *whew* and now need some help drinking it :) An eye for an eye, of course. I would love to try some different home brews, so send me a PM with what you want and what you have got and we can go from there.

Ready to ship now:
Goose Poop Bitter (A honkers Ale clone, its not honkers, but its a great English Bitter)

Edworts Haus Ale - Followed the recipe right on, except had some equipment issues, it was mashed lower, so its a real nice, dry version of the original.

Fruity 312 - Named as such as it was an original stab at honkers 312 that turned out much more fruity. Lightly carbed, real light beer with nice fruit tones.

Will change/update as more finish out, get carbed, get bottled. I am in Tennessee. Currently have 2 more batches getting carbed, and 2 more batches finishing lagering. :mug:

You only live 3 hrs north of me :) .... I have some Edworts Haus Ale that is ready to drink and maybe we can swap a bottle or two. I am curious to see how someones else Haus Ale tastes as I do not know what the original is suppose to taste like. I brewed mine (All-grain) exactly to instructions and only missed the OG by one point.

Hey everyone. Could someone help me out. I am new to home brewing, just bottled my first batch two days ago and now am starting a mexican lager. I want to try a Belgian Wheat and add fruit into it, so it absorbs the flavor. How should I add the fruit? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

That would be cool, if you ever want to come up and brew let me know :) I was still getting the feel of my brew magic, so I missed the infusion temp and mashed lower than called for, but I think its very good, just probably even more light and crisp than called for.

Hey everyone. Could someone help me out. I am new to home brewing, just bottled my first batch two days ago and now am starting a mexican lager. I want to try a Belgian Wheat and add fruit into it, so it absorbs the flavor. How should I add the fruit? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

well man Id say bad idea to lager when you have only done one batch so far. and forget about the fruit idea. Do you even have the equipment, like a five gallon carboy to secondary in? It does get exciting brewing, but you have to try to cool it off and focus on simple projects first. Brewing is an art and a science; it takes experience most, and knowledge second. No one can tell you how to add the fruit, except that most people will add it in a seconday fermenter. Experience will tell you when to add it and for how long, and how much to add. So to be honest, I would reccomend not even thinking about it, because your brew could turn out bad if you make a mistake. When your beginning just stick to simple Ales. And after you gain knowledge and experience, thats when doing things like fruit and lagering are a lot of fun and keep the excitment active in brewing. Tyler

Back