how long do these take to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deranged_hermit

Reaction score
how long does it take to complete a batch of oatmeal stout and weizenbock? i'm interested in brewing these but am crunched on time, and dont want to move them while they are in the primary/secondary. how long does it take to finish one of these styles from brewing, fermenting, secondary, bottles, to drinking?

i dont know about the bock, but for a stout you can have it bottled in 3 weeks, or less. (at least 3-4 days in the primary, 2 weeks in the secondary) another 2 weeks in the bottle, but they can be transported by then...

This sounds familiar...didn't you just ask this in another thread?

I recommend at least 6 weeks from brew to drinking. More is usually better.

As Ivan said, you could have it bottled in as little as 3 weeks, but, again, waiting longer in the secondary would be better.

Janx said:
This sounds familiar...didn't you just ask this in another thread?

I recommend at least 6 weeks from brew to drinking. More is usually better.

As Ivan said, you could have it bottled in as little as 3 weeks, but, again, waiting longer in the secondary would be better.
yeah, sorry for double posting... the other post got pushed back quite a bit, and maybe wasnt in the right thread. also, didn't really get a hard answer on how much time it takes from anyone who has brewed these particular styles. i appreciate all the input tho. thanks guys!

deranged_hermit said:
yeah, sorry for double posting... the other post got pushed back quite a bit, and maybe wasnt in the right thread. also, didn't really get a hard answer on how much time it takes from anyone who has brewed these particular styles. i appreciate all the input tho. thanks guys!

In the future all you have to do is find the thread and bump it.

Type something stupid or just a "BTT". Bump-To-Top. :rockin:

Back