Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, did you have a chance to send out the RFQ? I'm hoping to start collecting payments from my group here soon and need to get a head start, if possible!
:mug:

Bill, my order looks good. Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post, but how are we handling the star san splits?

-Adam

My data connectivity where I'm at is horrible. If anybody wants to tally up all of the items for me and email me a list so I can get a quote I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I won't be back until saturday. I can swing into town to get reception and forward the list to the distributor but would not be able to update the spreadsheet until I get back. My apologies for delaying this.

OK, I updated the spreadsheet. It is now showing the totals for the starsan split. Check it again, everyone. I will start tallying up the bags of grain and will fire off an email to the distributor before Monday morning requesting a quote. I am hoping we get the price break for 8,000 pounds. We shall see. Thank you for your patience.

almost done updating the "CMG-RFQ" sheet. This is what I will send to the distributor for an RFQ.

I just fired off the email requesting a quote for the items listed on the "CMG-RFQ" tab on Group Buy #5 spreadsheet. Once I receive the quote I will convert it to a google document and post the link within the spreadsheet under the tab called "Quote Link". I'll let everyone know when the quote is posted.

feel free to double and triple check my data entry. thanks.

On my phone so I can't see the inner workings of the spreadsheet but we need to enlist a database guru to make this a lot easier on you. Too late for this buy, but someone with some database skills should be able to streamline the RFQ part down to pushing a button.

Ideally next time everyone could fill out their own order info in a format you
could just compile to a master list. That should reduce your time spent doing and double checking data entry to a single beers worth of time.

Thanks again for doing this!

From the distributor. I will update accordingly when I get back to my office:

"I will have to ship this on 5 pallets, due to maxing out @ 42 bags a pallet, all the chemicals will not fit, without an extra pallet. Also the brew craft items will not be available, these include the rose hips, coriander, orange peel, Irish moss, and the oak chips, as far as the hops are concerned, the only problem would be the Nelson Sauvin, those are not available as of yet."

Bill, if we need to chop the Nelson to make things easy, just go for it.. without complicating things...are they offering an eta?

Also... That Excel like sheet likely has a "countif=" function...I can help with a few formulae.

The Nelson Sauvin is not available for drop shipping or back order. I tried but it's just not happening on this particular buy. For those who ordered NS, do you want me to substitute something else? Let me know by the end of the day. Thanks.

I had only a pound of the NS hops, I'm fine with just skipping the hops. I can also drop one bag from my order if that'll help squeeze it into 4 pallets ( I assume that is cheaper than 5 ) but I'm also happy to keep it as is.

The other thing too is how to divide the shipping cost. Previously, it was divided among those buying sacks of grain and hops, wood chips, etc. rode for free. Now all of the non grain stuff needs to go on a seperate pallet. Do we just divide it evenly among everyone? Ideas?

I only have 2 bags of grain, otherwise I'd be willing to drop one as well to make 4 pallets. If someone was going to place an order for hops in place of the NS, I'd be interested in joining in on a few possible varieties As for shipping, I'll trust that you will do what you have to Bill, without giving yourself too much grief over what is likely to be a few dollars per buyer. Thanks again for your efforts

I could also be interested in adding a sack if we go to pallet 5

Just throwing that out. I remember seeing at least one person trying to get in. I'd most likely add a sack. I'm sure others would as well

Just throwing that out. I remember seeing at least one person trying to get in. I'd most likely add a sack. I'm sure others would as well
Same, but I understand the PITA it'd be to deal with filling the 5th.

Bill, I am fine with whatever you decide (in terms of splitting up the extra shipping cost). I know we only had our 1 pallet of grain, but I presume all of the various buckets of chemicals are what pushed it over.

The link to the quote is posted on the spreadsheet tab labeled "Quote Link". I have not finished updating the spreadsheet with current pricing. Most of the grain has newer, lower pricing to reflect the higher quantity that we are ordering. I still have to add the HazMat charges and stuff. Will do it later on today.

How about this idea for splitting the delivery plus hazmat charges for the 5th pallet? The first four grain pallets will remain as they are, $1.86 per sack delivery charge ($65+$13=$78; $78/42 sacks=$1.86 per sack). For the 5th pallet it will be ( $65 delivery + $13 fuel surcharge + $15 hazmat) $93/pallet. We will divide $93/x, where x is the total individual amounts of items that will go in the 5th pallet. There are 30 individual cleaning items (line items #2-6 on the quote) + 4 individual hops boxes (line item #10-13) + 10 chips/spiral items (line item #7-9) for a total item count of 54 items on the 5th pallet. So x=54, $93/54=$1.72 added to each item; i.e the cleansers, hops, chips& spirals. Yay or nay?

i'm off by $100 even after I include the 5th pallet and additional hazmat charge. need to find out where.

can everybody check my math on their portion? I don't see where I'm off. Keep in mind that the amount "without paypal fees" does not include the $93 for the fifth pallet and the hazmat fee. ugh...

So as for the 11 pounds of Nelson Sauvin hops I ordered... In it's place I would like 11 pounds of Styrian Golding's. I will assume that all splits that we're arranged through me are null and void, and I will take all 11 pounds of the hops. Does this sound alright? Please let me know.

So as for the 11 pounds of Nelson Sauvin hops I ordered... In it's place I would like 11 pounds of Styrian Golding's. I will assume that all splits that we're arranged through me are null and void, and I will take all 11 pounds of the hops. Does this sound alright? Please let me know.

if you pay for the full 11 pounds then it's perfectly fine to substitute. I'll update the spreadsheet.

i'm off by $100 even after I include the 5th pallet and additional hazmat charge. need to find out where.

You switch the price on the GW-2R0W halfway through from 27.50 to 28.50 per bag. That accounts for most of the difference since their are so many being ordered. The other 3 dollars or so that you are off is from the milled BD_MOPA which they didnt quote as milled, so it is listed as $42 and change, but is really $39.60. It all works out once you make those changes.

Mike

You switch the price on the GW-2R0W halfway through from 27.50 to 28.50 per bag. That accounts for most of the difference since their are so many being ordered. The other 3 dollars or so that you are off is from the milled BD_MOPA which they didnt quote as milled, so it is listed as $42 and change, but is really $39.60. It all works out once you make those changes.

Mike

now i'm off by more. i need to take a break from this for the night. i'm driving myself crazy. may have to recount everything.

bmason1623 said:
now i'm off by more. i need to take a break from this for the night. i'm driving myself crazy. may have to recount everything.

I got it to add up before freight, hazard and the 20% adder.

Thanks to TheOneBuz it all makes sense now. I will update the spreadsheet with the 5th pallet charges later on today. I'm thinking we can start sending money AFTER it's been updated. Thanks.

Can a few people count the total items of cleaners, hops, spirals, chips, etc. for me? The gallons of starsan should be counted individually. I counted 46 items. I plan on taking the fifth pallet and hazmat charges and divinding by 43. Then that amount will be multiplied by the number of items a person has and added to their cost. So I'm thinking that ($65+$13+$15)/46 items= $2.02 per item. Is that cool with everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back