zythos amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcp27

Reaction score
I've been sitting on 0.5lb of zythos waiting to hear some more reviews (they seem mixed), but figured was about time to just use some and find out for myself. I figured I'd make them present, but not hugely in case im not a fan. I can always dry hop in the keg later as well. let me know what you think

5gal batch, 1.056 OG, 35 IBUs, 12 SRM

5lbs Golden Promise
5lbs Munich 10
1lb C40

0.5oz Zythos @60
1oz Zythos @15
1oz Zythos @0

Pacman yeast

mash @156, boil 90mins, ferment @64

The IIPA I just made has Warrior, Amarillo, and Zythos and It is the best IPA i've ever made and I have won multiple ribbons with a different IPA I brew regularly. Not sure if its the Zythos or the combination of the 3 but the Zythos sure does smell really good! Good luck with your brew!

2beer: ive heard zythos is similar to amarillo, did it seem like doubling up or adding more character?

seemed to just add more character to me but I haven't used it by itself yet...thinking about doing a single hop IPA with it soon! Also want to do the same with 7 C's...

Back