Best beer you ever made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my first batch of Bent Rod Rye lasted 3 weeks. The next fastest was over 4 months.

So far, it's my first all-grain I did. I call it a rye beer, since it had 2 pounds of rye malt in it. I have no idea if it's to style or not, since I've never had another rye beer. I just decided to make it, found several recipes and worked something out that was in between all of them.

My braid fell off the pipe that went to my valve, so I had some insanely cloudy wort, but it's as clear as a corona, and a little bit lighter, now. I might just be proud of myself for actually doing it and it tastes horrid, but I still love it.

Was that a Hop Rod Rye sort of thing?

I'm not sure. I think it was 6# 2-row, 2# rye malt, and some northern brewer hops for an hour and an ounce of amarillo for 15 minutes. I'd have to check my recipe book and it's soooooo far away right now. I saw a red-tailed hawk circling over my yard while it was mashing, so I called it red-tail rye.

I made an extract batch of AHS Rogue Mocha Porter last year around this time. It was only my 4th batch ever. I modified the recipe and added 2 oz of cocoa to the boil, and I also added 2 cups of brewed espresso at bottling. It was good, but the 12 pack of 22's I hid away until last month were the best beers I have ever had!

The time I made 5 gal of Pineapple Wit, with two whole pineapples. Man that did not last a month, one girl drank 3 bombers of it in a night.

My previous birthday IPA was my best. It started as a 90 minute IPA clone, but then I added 3 more lbs of malt extract and about 4 extra ounces of hops. It was a beast and sat kegged for 6 months past my bday before it became tremendous.

I made a modified version of Centennial Blonde, and also a Rogue Dead Guy Clone.....They both are on top of my list of best brew. I think they lasted maybe a month together if that.......

I like porters/stouts, but not usually my favorite style. This one is amazing though. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f126/Mason's Smoked Porter

Next would probably be the Bee Cave Brewery IPA I did with all Centennial, then BM's Belgian Blonde (SWMBO Slayer). Both were really tasty, and didn't last very long. I'm making SWMBO Slayer again on Friday, but with WLP550 this time.

I made a blonde a few months ago and decided to take a gallon off the secondary and add 3 soriano peppers. The plain blonde turned out pretty good, but the but the hot blonde with the sorianos was freaking fabulous. Gave samplers to a few people and they were all loving it. The owner of a local pizza place wanted to add it to his extensive beer selection.

Of course I only made one freaking gallon... Brewed it again last weekend though.

The first time I made my oatmeal stout (which was like my 3rd all-grain brew) it was such an awesome beer, everyone liked it (converted a few non-drinkers with that one) I've remade it a few times and I'm getting close to it again, just need to let it age like I did the first one.

My version of HBTs 666 is easily my best beer to date. It isn't my favorite beer but it was well made and complex. Scotch, oak, and hops.
I brought a growler to a homebrew tasting at the BrewHut and everyone was raving over it. I bet I couldn't repeat that beer if I brewed it a thousand times.

Thanks Dude for organizing the 666 HBT brew! :mug: The recipe is a classic!

I think my best beer was my first IPA. Maybe it was just the combination of hops, or the planets aligned just right, but I've never been able to perfectly recreate it.

I made a blonde a few months ago and decided to take a gallon off the secondary and add 3 soriano peppers. The plain blonde turned out pretty good, but the but the hot blonde with the sorianos was freaking fabulous. Gave samplers to a few people and they were all loving it. The owner of a local pizza place wanted to add it to his extensive beer selection.

Of course I only made one freaking gallon... Brewed it again last weekend though.

Awesome concept... Post a recipe please?

This is a really hard question. I kind of have two favorites. I made a "clone" of DFH 120 that came out to be 21% alcohol and it came out, according to all my friends and a homebrew club in a blind taste test, better than the original. It is such an amazing beer to just sip, i bottled it and we pull one out on special occasions and sip it, its only getting better with age.
Second is a beer that my buddies say should be my house beer, it started out as one of my first all grain brews and I have been tweaking it ever since. Last time I made it I oaked it on dark oak and it quite possibly was the best beer I ever made. I have never seen a keg go so fast.

My best to date was my wild ESB. I made it this year late Aug and only have one bottle left ear marked for a beer swap (Well maybe ;)).

My recipe was a traditional English ESB but decided to add the 4oz of wild hops I gathered the day before. I added them during the last 5 mins of the boil just for aroma as they smelled awsome. I have no idea what varity they might be or close to but snagged a root sample I hope to grow in the spring to reproduce this batch.

The only thing I did somewhat wrong is I didn't adjust my orignal hop bill I just added the extra so it kinda ended up more towards an IPA style.

The overall end result was a great mouth feel with a dry finish, a bit on the hoppy side for the style but very fragrant.

Wish I'd a made a 20Gal batch instead of just 10. Wish the SWMBO didn't give away half the batch in samples as I would have had some to try at 6+ months to see if the hop bitter mellowed a bit.

Gotta grow the vine and do another batch, I do have GPS coords so I can harvest again next year. At a half mile of hop vines I should be able to get more then 4 oz next year, but will have to bring my climbing equipment as most were inaccessable from the road.

Both batches of Amarillo IPA. Hopefully the third will be as good.

I made a batch of JZ's Belgian Wit from "Brewing Classic Styles" over the summer that was fantastic. Still have a few bottles left, definitely going to make that one again.

Not there yet. My DFH 60 Min clone (Yooper's Recipe) turned out really well, but I have hopes for more. I am looking forward to a big porter or a Belgian IPA to mark my progress with. I have a whisky barrel coming soon and I'm not sure what to do with it, Hopefully something out of the ordinary.

Eventually I want to brew some crazy **** like I've read that you've done, BrewPastor. As well as some others on HBT. Why bother brewing if everything I make is standard beer?

A Double Chocolate Stout. I made it for xmas gifts last year and it was received fairly well. This year I made it in January and put it on tap mid october, it's un-freakin-believable.... Its an extract brew that I'm going to try my best to recreate with all-grain when I get the time.

AG All-Amarillo IPA. It was the first time I adjusted my water. I entered it in a couple competitions to see if anyone agrees with me. I brewed another batch yesterday hoping to repeat it.

2 yrs ago's Oktoberfest. Phenomenal. Lasted all of about 1 hr at our party. Now I brew up 20 gal. for the event, but the batches haven't matched that one.

I also brew a wicked Brown Porter. I think my current one on deck might be the best ever of this one. I'm dying to get it on tap, but need a spot to become available :drunk:

A version of St Fuads Irish red... Collected too much wort post sparge, too much left after boil... low OG for the recipe and it is AWESOME!

A left over ingredients Belgian wit. I never took a gravity or wrote down the recipe. I forgot about it for a few months in the secondary. I didn't have enough sugar to bottle, but did it any way. It was under carbonated and yet probably the best beer I have ever had.

So far my Oktoberfest Lager this year. Was my first kegged and my favorite beer I've brewed so far.

Made a cascade/amarillo APA where the stars seemed to align. Fermented with US-05, but it was pretty hot in my apartment, so I got some great fruity notes out of what is usually a very clean yeast. Great beer.

Dean Larsen's SNCA clone
11.75 lb. 2 row pale
1 lb. crystal 55
1 oz. Chinook 13% 60 min.
.25 oz. Chinook 13% 30 min.
1 oz. Cascade 0 min.
.25 oz. each Cascade and Centennial dry hop

I just did a side by side( yeah 2009 SNCA made it to Florida) and it is as good as the original

Technically speaking my best beer in my virgin year was a Strong Scotch Ale. It scored a 40 in two different competitions and placed in one of them. I thought it was mighty tasty and I was darn proud of it, though I didn't know very many people who like Scotch Ales so I didn't get very many back slaps for it. I drank the entire keg myself, save for maybe 6 bottles worth.

I definitely need to brew that again. Makes a nice winter beer.

My favorite was probably a Franconian Helles I brewed last year. When I first tapped it and poured myself a half-liter mug, it was just gorgeous. Then I took a sip... and another... and another. I must've drunk that first half-liter in about ten minutes, and when I was done I immediately headed back to the kegerator for more. To me that's the ultimate beer: one where you crave another glass the second you finish the first.

I'm excited to try the dunkel in my primary. It's my first partial and when I tasted what I pulled for the OG reading it was delicious.

I have no doubt it wiill be my best.

Back