Experimental Beer Smagic's Summer Ale (Summer Shandy Inspired)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking so many of these this weekend. On my third pint today. Keg won't last long!! My non beer drinking girlfriend is loving it as well! She poured half a pint and filled the glass up the rest of the way with sweet tea and it was delicious.

Thinking I might give this puppy a go too! Have a mild Im brewing up this weekend, and this seems like itd be nice to have around after that kicks.

Just made 10 gallons of this by 5 gallons got Lemonade in secondary 5 got raspberry Lemonade in secondary

Tastes great again! Raspberry flavor is there but not very prominent, may use actual raspberries next time. The 5 gallons of regular summer shandy is great and I'll be doing a side by side with the real thing soon

View attachment 1494191460656.jpg

Tastes great again! Raspberry flavor is there but not very prominent, may use actual raspberries next time. The 5 gallons of regular summer shandy is great and I'll be doing a side by side with the real thing soon

I'm so excited to get this back on tap!

Bumping this thread. I think I'm going to brew 10 gallons of this in the Spring to get it ready for summer. Fill up a few kegs and see how quickly I can drink them all. Love this beer.

Bumping this thread. I think I'm going to brew 10 gallons of this in the Spring to get it ready for summer. Fill up a few kegs and see how quickly I can drink them all. Love this beer.

Hey Texan,

I see your in Cleveland. Hello from Medina Co. :rock: Yall have any good local brew stores up your way? I'm a frequent flyer of The Grape and Granary in Akron.

Glad to see you like it! Almost time for me to make another batch

Getting the ingredients for this during the week to brew over the weekend. Went to buy some summer shandy yesterday and saw that it's now $17 a 12 pack. Not sure if it was always that much in the previous year! I'm going to use Willamette hops though because it's what I have on hand.

It's getting to be that time of the year, I may be making this very soon to help temperatures warm up!

Currently brewing a tweaked version of this, using what random ingredients I had on hand. The sach/brett mixed fermentation will be interesting.

Planning on subbing fresh pineapple juice for the Simply Lemonade. Make it a pineapple shandy.

-5lbs two row
-5lbs wheat malt
-2lbs spelt malt
-0.5oz Hüll Melon 60min
-0.5oz Hüll Melon flameout

-Zest of 5 lemons
-Juice of 4 lemons

-Wyeast 1010 American Wheat
-Bootleg Biology Funk Weapon #2

Currently brewing a tweaked version of this, using what random ingredients I had on hand. The sach/brett mixed fermentation will be interesting.

Planning on subbing fresh pineapple juice for the Simply Lemonade. Make it a pineapple shandy.

-5lbs two row
-5lbs wheat malt
-2lbs spelt malt
-0.5oz Hüll Melon 60min
-0.5oz Hüll Melon flameout

-Zest of 5 lemons
-Juice of 4 lemons

-Wyeast 1010 American Wheat
-Bootleg Biology Funk Weapon #2
How did this turn out for you? I was reading through this thread and was thinking of making something similar but with an American wheat yeast or even US05. I feel like the banana/clove from the Weiss yeast isn’t something I’d necessarily want

Back