help haha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknhardcider

Reaction score
Stove top popped some bottles so I figured I waited to long to pasteurize! If I wanted to give bottles away what do I do

The co2 is dissolved in solution. If you pop the tops on everything to release the pressure then recap then you should be able to pasteurize. You'll lose a bit of carbonation, but it should be fine.

If they foam up like crazy this might not be so true.

Sorbate is probably a waste of time and will taste crappy when added bottle by bottle since it will be tough to measure that little.

You know, there's a fallacy among homebrewers. It's that other people actually want to drink our stuff. It might be true in a few cases, but for the majority of the population they want something that the liquor store sells.

It's partly marketing, and partly that a lot of people just think we're making swill. It's pretty hard to convince otherwise. I've given what I consider to be very good cider (even my wife thinks its good, and she's picky. People smile and say it's good, but you can tell they're thinking that it didnt' come from a store.

Have a party, enjoy your efforts.

PS. I've had a ****ty day and 3 beer and half a litre of very good 16 month old mead. Might be the pessimism creeping out...

PS. I've had a ****ty day and 3 beer and half a litre of very good 16 month old mead. Might be the pessimism creeping out...

Feel good that your pessimism creeps out...mine charges through the door and starts smashing sh*t:D

To the OP, have a party. A lot if not most NON homebrewers really do not appreciate the effort, knowlege, and time that goes into our craft. That is my take on reality and I am sticking to it....

I spent two hours poppin tops and exploding them into a funnel back into carboys I'm makin still now. Just until I get experienced enough for sparkling

Did you notice that even after they fizzed out you still had some carb in the liquid? What happens is that you release the gas in the head space. If the liquid doesn't shoot all over your face then the co2 that was made just stay in solution. Then you can just recap.

Latest posts

Back