Isinglass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno Homebrewer

Reaction score
I recently racked an English Bitter to a secondary, and added Liquid Isinglass to help clear it. The bottle said to use 1 oz. but I accidentally put in 1 1/2 oz. Do you think this will pull too much yeast out to effectively carbonate when I finally move it to the bottles?

Reno Homebrewer said:
I recently racked an English Bitter to a secondary, and added Liquid Isinglass to help clear it. The bottle said to use 1 oz. but I accidentally put in 1 1/2 oz. Do you think this will pull too much yeast out to effectively carbonate when I finally move it to the bottles?

You are most likely still fine. You can always bottle a few and check the carbonation if you are really worried. Then add a bit more dry yeast to the majority to correct the problem.

Reno, respect!

That's a great idea. Thank you much for the response. I may do that just to err on the side of caution. Thanks again.

Back