In Line Oxygen / CO2 Injection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOut

Reaction score
I recently put together an in-line Oxygen/CO2 Injection device together and thought I would share it. I’m trying to emulate how larger breweries control and simplify their processes. I gathered some tri-clamp pieces and purchased a 6” X 2 micron diffusing stone with 1 ½” tri-clamp. I connected a female quick disconnect on a swivel to the ¼” FNPT connection on the diffusing stone. I placed it in a 1 ½” tri-clover T, put a 1 ½” sight glass and 1 ½” tri-clamp - CamLok quick connects on the In/Out.

Here is a video to show how it goes together and functions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvL-EJD7EH0"]In Line Oxygen / CO2 Injection Device Test[/ame]

I’m combining this device with a filter, Chugger pump and plate chiller on a hand cart to serve multiple uses. I added a three way valve to keep it simple with fewer hose changes. I’ll Share this when it’s complete.

Hey I am interested in this build. Do you have an updated parts list? The diffusion piece is a bit expensive, could you have other options? Do you have issues OVER-aerating?

DrPhilGood said:
Hey I am interested in this build. Do you have an updated parts list? The diffusion piece is a bit expensive, could you have other options? Do you have issues OVER-aerating?

Check out this thread - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/maxout-brew-station-256435/index31.html

The original piece evolved into a brewers cart. 15 min from end of boil I roll the cart between my BK and fermenter and it handles the cool, aeration and knock out. I have no problems with over aerating. I use a med grade regulator and flow meter and aerate the entire transfer at 1.5ppm on the flow meter. Last brew I put the yeast in the filter and when I was near the middle of the transfer I turn the three way valve to include the filter an the cooled wort is pumped through the filter and inoculates the batch. Worked awesome! I have not put a complete parts list together but there is a bunch of close up pictures in the thread. If you have any specifics I will be glad to break it down for you.

Latest posts

Back