Posting Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every picture on the web has a web address (url) ... just like the site that hosts it. The web address for the homebrewtalk web logo is:

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/main2.jpg

To find this you simply right click on a picture in your browser, then click properties.

Once you have that you put it in img brackets on this forum like so

[ IMG ] the url [ /IMG ]

But without the spaces between the brackets, I put those there so that the message wouldn't think it was an image I was trying to post.

There are many places you can upload images from your computer for free. Imageshack, I believe. Anotherprofile.com, myspace.com. Once your pictures are uploaded there, just right click on them and get there URL.

showphoto.php

Even easier than that, there is a button where we write out responses, you click on THIS button;

insertimage.gif

Then paste in the url of your image.

Now if you don't have an image, like if you want to post your own pictures you have to upload them to a hosting site (or your HBT gallery on here) first. From there the url is generated and you then can post it.

Latest posts

Back