??Blichmann Burner Problem??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybear7

Reaction score
MobileMe Gallery

I've posted photos to the above page of my new Blichmann Top Tier burner. I noticed it is missing one of the four screws that attach the burner to the frame. Not a big deal as long as they send me a replacement screw. Here is where my concern is, when I tried to use one of the other three screw in that hole it couldn't reach the burner because of the large gap between the round frame and the burner. Does anyone know if the burner should be flush to the frame or is there some wiggle room? I also found the the other screws to the burner were pretty loose. Has anyone else had to tighten up the burner when they got theirs new? I hate to have to send it back, but it cost too much not to be right. I don't want a defective model. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Interesting, I just received the same burner, and two of those four screws had fallen off and were in the bottom of the box. Not sure why they would thread those on so loosely. In any case, I think the gap is normal, what I did was loosen the other two, then tighten all four equally, working my way around. It will pull tight and be flush.

My burner has a bit of an L shaped profile where the Allen bolts connect to the ss ring; so from above it looks like the ring doesn't contact the burner but there is a pad that does touch underneath. I'd definitely work the nuts in alternating crisscross pattern one turn or so at a time to keep from smooshing it out of round.

This burner + natural gas kit/leg extension kit + Weber gas grill quick disconnect = awesome.

Thanks for responding. I'm feeling a little less worried. I really just want to fire this thing up.

MobileMe Gallery

I've posted photos to the above page of my new Blichmann Top Tier burner. I noticed it is missing one of the four screws that attach the burner to the frame. Not a big deal as long as they send me a replacement screw. Here is where my concern is, when I tried to use one of the other three screw in that hole it couldn't reach the burner because of the large gap between the round frame and the burner. Does anyone know if the burner should be flush to the frame or is there some wiggle room? I also found the the other screws to the burner were pretty loose. Has anyone else had to tighten up the burner when they got theirs new? I hate to have to send it back, but it cost too much not to be right. I don't want a defective model. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you trying to connect the LEGS to the burner? You mentioned a frame but I don't see a frame in your pictures. If you are in fact referring to the legs then yes, they should all be snug against the main burner housing.

As for the missing bolt... you can get a replacement at any hardware store if you'd rather not deal with sending it back to where you purchased it. Just take one of the bolts with you to the store and find another with the same basic size and shape. It sucks that you got one with a missing bolt but getting a replacement bolt yourself may save you some hassle.

Update:

Blichmann is of course being great and sending me the part right away. Good customer service is so rare, Thanks guys.

Back