BCTC - Belgium Comes to Cooperstown 2010 - Need advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuafields

Reaction score
Hi all --

A group of us is headed to BCTC at Brewery Ommegang this weekend. This is our first time attending. We have camping passes, and the Ommegang website says that the grounds open up for those with camping passes at noon on Saturday. However, we heard through the grapevine that we should arrive earlier than that to get decent spots. Can anyone who has been before advise? What should we expect? The grounds seem like a large space with plenty of room to spread out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Who else is attending?

I went last year but I got there at about 9:30am. Some of the folks in my brew club had already setup camp the night before because they were volunteering and/or had VIP dinner tickets. There seemed to be plenty of room for additional tents but groups of people do kind of claim areas for their later arriving friends. It's a big field but it's also a LOT of people. Get there early. They didn't stop us from parking and from that point, there's no way to stop you from walking to the field some 50 feet away.

I'll be there tomorrow, but sadly I wasn't quick enough to get a camping pass :(

Can't wait!

Bahh, I really want to go to this. I always forget though, and say 'next year!' Though next year I might be there with beer :mug:

Camping, festival atmosphere and beer. Doesn't that sound like the best event ever? (let's duct tape Lollapalooza to it or something and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as heaven)

If anyone going wants to make room for a second tent on the grounds, I'd be happy to throw in a bottle of consecration that I have sitting in the fridge ;)

Wow, what a great time... a little too great. I think my liver still hurts a little.

We decided not to rush and arrived around 1pm on Saturday. There were certainly a ton of people already there, but we found a good spot with plenty of room to spread out.

For future reference, there was also a list at the entrance with phone numbers of people who had extra tickets to sell.

Back