Some new brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Living in PA, it's impossible to get a mixed sixer of craft beers because nearly all beer is sold by the case only. When I was in Chicago, I took the opportunity to snag a mixed sixer and sample some new beers. I'll be putting these in the kegerator to chill.

IMG_4460.JPG

Good - never had it - good - not a NB fan - reminds me of Ireland - solid beer

Got to love Chicago!

Living in PA, it's impossible to get a mixed sixer of craft beers because nearly all beer is sold by the case only.

I feel your pain. For about 2 years we had a local supermarket that somehow got around the rules and had a huge import/craft beer selection where you could pick up singles or mixed sixes. Unfortunately they never had much business and went under.

Back to buying variety cases just to try out new beers

Our local food store chain used to have pick and choose, but not anymore. :(
Not even their separate liquor store locations do it.

I feel your pain. For about 2 years we had a local supermarket that somehow got around the rules and had a huge import/craft beer selection where you could pick up singles or mixed sixes. Unfortunately they never had much business and went under.

I only made it to Vidalia once before it shut down. Thanks to brewt00l for the tip though. Capone's in Norristown you can get sixers of craft beers or singles. Plus their rotating tap selection is always excellent.

To the OP, I haven't had any of those beers, but the Magner's cider is excellent stuff.

Back to buying variety cases just to try out new beers

What you need to do is a beer swap. I am setting one up at my local beer store. Basically 5 - 6 guys each buy a case and then you divide it up in the parking lot.

I wish I could find a place out here that mixed sixers

Totally feel your pain- I can take a ride down to Westminster, MD (about 20 minutes from my house) or just wait until I travel. I need to put in an order with my parents when they come into town from NJ this weekend. :rockin:

What you need to do is a beer swap. I am setting one up at my local beer store. Basically 5 - 6 guys each buy a case and then you divide it up in the parking lot.

I've done this before- and it works out well.

I remember going to Maryland for beer when I was in college. Let me know what you think of the Mothership Wit, I tried that in San Diego for the first time two weeks ago.

Let me know what you think of the Mothership Wit, I tried that in San Diego for the first time two weeks ago.

I'm sampling it now. Not nearly as assertive in the spice as I expect from a wit. Somewhat one-dimensional to my palate.

I just drank the Bell's Pale Ale for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. It seemed like a toned down version of their Two Hearted Ale, which is probably one of my favorite beers ever.

The Tire Bite is alright, drinkable but nothing special if you ask me.

Back