Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know how to weld and don't know anyone that does. And I'm to cheap to buy a pre-fab stand.

brew stand.jpg

as it came home from the welder:
IMAGE_081.jpg

in use:
IMAGE_083.jpg

dark pic that's hard to see, but this is the most current configuration, with hard plumbed water lines:
IMG_2713.JPG

I was going to brew tomorrow but after looking at all of these I'm staying in bed with the shades drawn and feel sorry for myself.

Thanks!

OK here is the first of several to come. I'm making the stand out of aluminum since the tubing was donated. This picture is a little dated. I now have the gas manifold welded up with fittings and am waiting for my solenoid valves. I am going to polish all the kegs and finished one this past weekend (I found a new method that I will post in the "polishing your keg" thread). $80 for the pneumatic casters since I will be carting this thing around my house and on the road as well. I have 3 hurricane burners for natural gas.
5213_1178098849254_1131600767_540464_4246331_n.jpg

I thought I'd stick a few pictures up of my folding sculpture now that it's finally finished and functional. I works well and folds up out of the way to keep SWMBO happy.

FamilyBrewday2009006.jpg

FamilyBrewday2009.jpg

Some no clicky action for ya..

brewrig004.jpg

brewrigpictures021.jpg

brewrig005.jpg

brewrig003.jpg

brewrig001.jpg

brewrigpictures010.jpg

I have just finished the base, and now I am considering either a rims or herms system controlled by a pid controller, any ideas which one I should go with? I still have some work do but this thing is 99% done. Let me know what you guys think.

Here are some pictures of my rig..
Its been going through some updates recently.

brewery_005.jpg

brewery_003.jpg

brewery_006.jpg

IMG_01721.jpg

This looks remarkably similar to a design i have recently sketched out. Is this a two-pump closed system or do you have a third pump in there somewhere that I am not seeing?

Additionally, how are you removing your MLT for cleaning? Or are you?

This looks remarkably similar to a design i have recently sketched out. Is this a two-pump closed system or do you have a third pump in there somewhere that I am not seeing?

Additionally, how are you removing your MLT for cleaning? Or are you?

There is a 3rd pump on this system. I clean out the MLT with a shop vac. Prolly the best investment I've made so far! It sucks out all the grain/water and whatever else in no time.

Here is my spin on the the Brutus 20. The control panel actually folds down and flat against the side. Makes it easy to tuck into the corner.

S5033215.jpg

It's a 2 vessel Brutus 20 setup. I am going to eventually have a custom HLT made that will fit between the BK and the MLT.

Sawdust, that reminds me so much of the Sabco BM. Did you adapt one of their stands or systems? Its quite lovely BTW. I wish I could afford me some Sabco components.
I'm building a system and have been watching this thread for ideas on layouts and stands. I'll be building electric, with a wooden stand.

Cheers

Sawdust, that reminds me so much of the Sabco BM. Did you adapt one of their stands or systems? Its quite lovely BTW. I wish I could afford me some Sabco components.
I'm building a system and have been watching this thread for ideas on layouts and stands. I'll be building electric, with a wooden stand.

Cheers

Ahhhh.....Ya caught me. The stand is from a Sabco Brew Magic System. Actually the system is a clone of the Brew Magic System without the built-in brew computer. My stand has a few extra diddies built in that the Brew Magic does not, like a temperature controlled HLT with intermittent pilot and PID controlled gas valve and three pumps. I was just lazy. I weld but figured it would have taken forever for me to build the stand so my wife bought it for me for my birthday. Great Woman! and she loves to help brew to boot!

Ahhhh.....Ya caught me. The stand is from a Sabco Brew Magic System. Actually the system is a clone of the Brew Magic System without the built-in brew computer. My stand has a few extra diddies built in that the Brew Magic does not, like a temperature controlled HLT with intermittent pilot and PID controlled gas valve and three pumps. I was just lazy. I weld but figured it would have taken forever for me to build the stand so my wife bought it for me for my birthday. Great Women! and she loves to help brew to boot!

May want to make that women into woman before she catches you. ;)

Just finished it.. Thought I would go ahead and add it to the official brew rig thread.... 1 batch through the beast.. It does just about everything you can think of.. HERMS + RIMS + BCS-460 Automation + Unique Heat Exchanger Purge Circuits + Etc..

Finished1.jpg

Just finished it.. Thought I would go ahead and add it to the official brew rig thread.... 1 batch through the beast.. It does just about everything you can think of.. HERMS + RIMS + BCS-460 Automation + Unique Heat Exchanger Purge Circuits + Etc..

Finished1.jpg

Why do you have both HERMS and RIMS?

Why do you have both HERMS and RIMS?

I originally built the keggles thinking I was going to build a HERMS system, fired by natural gas.. Then I decided I wanted to be able to brew indoors on occasion (winter) and went all electric.. At that point it was pretty simple and cost effective to add a RIMS circuit, and I already had the HERMS coil in the HLT so couldn't let it go to waste..

In the end it works out fantastically well... I use the Herms Circuit to preheat the Mash Tun, then switch to the Rims Circuit for Mash Temp Control with constant recirculation..

Wow, all these setups give me some great ideas for a starting point for mine. I also notice that a certain brewery is missing a LOT of stainless :O Hopefully I can design something that I can roll up into my truck and yet still be very self suficient like what I see here. Thanks for the ideas!

My electric herms: It has been completed for 4 batches, but this is the only pic I have (still being built)...

IMG_0132.jpg

Wow. I really like that stand. Did you build it yourself? It looks like something you can buy at Ikea. :)

Latest posts

Back