Using Nitro to Push CO2 Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMass

Reaction score
I'd like to bring a keg of CO2 Beer to a function, but would like to use my 5# Beer Gas cyclinder to push it. The cylinder I now use is 20# w/ a dual regulator and it would be easier to transport the 5 pounder beer gas cylinder (actually a 5# CO2 cylinder with beer gas in it).

Does anyone see any problems in doing thes? One issue is that the Nitrogen pressure is quite high. I may have trouble dialing it down to where I need it at 10 psi or less. The regulator isn't the greatest. It works with a flathead screwdriver and I don't like messing with it too much. It turns quite hard. I thought that I could blast the keg occasionally at high pressure if I'm losing pressure.

The other option is to bring a Nitro keg to the function, but then I have to make up a portable nitro tap as described somewhere on this Forum.

I've looked into getting one of those dinky 16 gram CO2 dispensers but it seems a bit pricey.

Back